Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Value of caps today

Article about: Good day, I was wondering if any of the native experts could help me on this question. I hope it comes across in the intended way, otherwise it sounds like a 'how much is it worth' question.

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I've slowed down my purchasing and have focused more on collector to collector transactions. The prices demanded by dealers for some categories of items I simply cannot stomach.
    Agree Todd. Over the years I have purchased very little of my collection from dealers. Mostly local picker/show finds (not really "dealers), friends or Collector-to-Collector. Certainly limits what is available but as noted, with patience, I eventually find what I want.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of caps today
    P
    Many

?

I walked away from the hobby for a year to pay off a large purchase, and was hoping to pick up an infantry visor myself, but now that I can finally wade back in the prices are ridiculous. Guess I'll be sitting twiddling my thumbs until the market comes back down...which it certainly will.

RTH
    ?

Brig, officer or NCO?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    The only way to force prices down to a reasonable level is for every collector, the world over, to stop buying..
    Clearly not going to happen.
    Ironically, the other way to slow down those of us who collect items of world wars .............. is another actual WORLD WAR!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Patience is a virtue in this hobby--I have had to literally wait 40 years to find a hat I wanted (and am still waiting to find some others....)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by RTH View Post
    Brig, officer or NCO?
    NCO.

Doesn't help that I'm also a bit picky about the shape. Figure if I'm going to buy just one, it needs to be "the one".

RTH
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    I walked away from the hobby for a year to pay off a large purchase, and was hoping to pick up an infantry visor myself, but now that I can finally wade back in the prices are ridiculous. Guess I'll be sitting twiddling my thumbs until the market comes back down...which it certainly will.
    What goes up has to come down. It didn't look like the global market was going to come crashing down pre-2007, or so I've been told.

I still say you get the most "bang for the buck" with visors.

First, they don't take up that much room and are easy to display.
    Unlike daggers/medals, they age well and are more resistant to handling over the years (excluding those d@mn moths).
    Further, they can "stand alone" and do not need to be completed/added to in any way (ie, unlike a tunic, you don't need to buy medals, a belt, dagger hangers, etc).
    Also, they literally come in all shapes/sizes/qualities, each one being hand-made (unlike East German visors).
    Even the interiors can by as aesthetically attractive as the exteriors.

Just my .02 cents....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2