Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Visor cap, need opinion.

Article about: Hello, gentlemen . I would like to get an opinion on this cap. I didn't find it in the guide here. I will be grateful for opinions) Thanks. Mig

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Yes, Jeff Clark did own the visor at one time.
    It is an early one, circa 34-35, given the white tag, leather visor, and chocolate-brown band.
    It is 100% original--you need not worry.
    Greetings. Sorry, I don't know your name.

I certainly trust your experience and knowledge. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked. My interest is that RZM code, I searched and did not find it. Everything on the cap, and the first - the material, corresponds to other manufacturers (I do not see the difference), that is, the requirements of RZM were supported. I wonder if my NSDAP RZM 161 cap is the only one in the world? I thought there was some info on RZM 161 items.

However, I will receive it on Friday. Hope.
    I bought items in Germany, the courier delivered when I was at work. Where I did not know for 2 months. He gave it to the office next to me, there are 20 people there. Later, I will look for a 3 model. Weitze sells a beautiful cap with a wreath of metal threads. It is very unfortunate that it is damaged by moths. I don't want that. And one more question. How do you store your caps? I want to leave everything to my son. He doesn't like my hobby. but in 10 years, he will see the world differently)
    And I bought the cap in this shop (photo)

Thank You, for your opinion and explanation

Visor cap, need opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor cap, need opinion.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    I really can only recommend the book. It is probably one of the best books for the collection area NSDAP ever. Not only can you compare the photos of contemporary originals, but you also get to see items that you would probably never see otherwise. Just great, that thing!
    Thank You for recommendation. I saw, Jeff is professional in NSDAP theme. And your recommendation like the book is the best. I need good book. I'll find it and I'll buy )

Unfortunately, the market of NSDAP, is very small. Difficult to find tunic. I was late in germanmilitaria. There was sold beautiful tunic (((

Thank You

Quote by MigMig View Post
    Thank You for recommendation. I saw, Jeff is professional in NSDAP theme. And your recommendation like the book is the best. I need good book. I'll find it and I'll buy )

Unfortunately, the market of NSDAP, is very small. Difficult to find tunic. I was late in germanmilitaria. There was sold beautiful tunic (((

Thank You
    That's right, it's no longer so easy to find good NSDAP tunics. There are just more and more collectors for it. A few years ago Jeff Clark also had some great tunics on his homepage. You can also find good ones at "Ulrichofengland" or Helmut Weitze in Germany. This hobby simply requires patience in the first place!

?

MigMig, did I miss something? The link to post # 75 of the thread I provided (Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!) explains that RZM # 161 is the one of the cap factory Heinrich Balke, Bremen.

Further info on Balke is here (post # 844): Muetzenfabrik

(post #917): Muetzenfabrik

(post # 1094): Muetzenfabrik

(post # 1102): Muetzenfabrik

Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor

There is even a youtube video on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqk7yHyq_gU&t=85s
    And some info on his history here: https://wkgeschichte.weser-kurier.de...tfabrik-balke/

Or did you mean other political Balkes?

Hat collector Steve has, by the way, dedicated a page of his homepage to the civil-hat-side of Balke here:

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...-balke-bremen/

And, by the way, Balke is back: https://balkeshop.de/ueber-uns
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 06-16-2022 at 04:12 PM.

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post

Hat collector Steve has, by the way, dedicated a page of his homepage to the civil-hat-side of Balke here:

Heinrich Balke, Bremen - German Hat Companies - Invision Community

Thanks for your help. I found and read almost everything from this list. Very interesting Lufwaffe cap. Diamond. And the Hat Collector's Page with civilian hats. Looked with pleasure. Beautiful. It is correct when people said about Balke "I take off my hat, before Balke's hat".

I thought there is information on the forum. But modern firms don't want to remember the period 1933 - 1945. I looked at the stories of other manufacturers, no one wants to report on this period. I'm glad what I got. I don't think it's easy to find more.

I see, the Luftwaffe visor is similar to the shape of the NSDAP visor. I saw post-war military visors from Balke. Thanks for the info. Sorry for stealing your time. But maybe someone will find this information useful.

I wish you all the Best

Mig Mig )))

?

You didn't steal my time - I am always learning something also for me when doing some research here and elsewhere - I didn't know e. g. that a descendent of the Balkes is in the headgar business again (unfortunately no more uniform caps) after the bankruptcy of the original company in 2000. Their explanation what lead to the bankruptcy is also very interesting: caps were made cheaper in the (far) east, although the quality was poor, the price was/is what counts so Asia profited from government contracts .

?

You didn't steal my time - I am always learning something also for me when doing some research here and elsewhere.

Their explanation what lead to the bankruptcy is also very interesting: caps were made cheaper in the (far) east, although the quality was poor, the price was/is what counts so Asia profited from government contracts .
    Sorry, I didn't understand about Asia. What do you mean?

Interesting, 3 caps is the same design made in different time. Stonemint said about LW cap is made with personal order. Maybe other 2 caps made also with personal order.
    Possible to understand why Balke put his factory label inside of NSDAP cap.
    Krigsmarine +/- . But marine caps always has another designs.

Visor cap, need opinion.
    Visor cap, need opinion.
    Visor cap, need opinion.
    Visor cap, need opinion.

?

The reason for the bankruptcy of many European firms, not only in the textile business, was and still is, that production costs are very low in the far east/Asia so that they can no longer compete with these firms. They either have to outsource their production to these countries with all the negative effects (low quality, exploitation of workers etc. etc.) or give up/go bankrupt. That is what Balke meant talking about the reason for the original firm to have to give up.
    Stonemint wrote about this here (post # 372) Muetzenfabrik
    and F.-B. did so, too somewhere here on the forum.

?

They either have to outsource their production to these countries with all the negative effects (low quality, exploitation of workers etc. etc.) or give up/go bankrupt. That is what Balke meant talking about the reason for the original firm to have to give up.
    Stonemint wrote about this here (post # 372) Muetzenfabrik
    and F.-B. did so, too somewhere here on the forum.
    I agree. Initially, the capitalist won the market not always at a price. Everyone chose their own market segment. Some at a small cost for much people. Others in design and quality for whom has money Now everyone has gone to Asia. New technologies give good quality, and only payment for work makes the placement of production in Asia profitable. This is bad for Europe.

I looked at the hats Heinrich Balke, Bremen - German Hat Companies - Invision Community it's fantastically beautiful.

The NSDAP and Luftwaffe caps are aesthetically beautiful. SS cap, I only want the black one, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get one or not.
    Last edited by MigMig; 07-06-2022 at 07:09 PM.

?

MigMig, did I miss something? The link to post # 75 of the thread I provided (Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!) explains that RZM # 161 is the one of the cap factory Heinrich Balke, Bremen.

Further info on Balke is here (post # 844): Muetzenfabrik

(post #917): Muetzenfabrik

(post # 1094): Muetzenfabrik

(post # 1102): Muetzenfabrik

There is even a youtube video on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqk7yHyq_gU&t=85s
    And some info on his history here: https://wkgeschichte.weser-kurier.de...tfabrik-balke/

Or did you mean other political Balkes?

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...-balke-bremen/

And, by the way, Balke is back: https://balkeshop.de/ueber-uns
    Yes. I bought the Book from Jeff Clark.
    Not much text, but with second book, very good.

Thank You for recommendations.

Visor cap, need opinion.
    Visor cap, need opinion.

Regards
    Mig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3