Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Visor cap NSDAP level GAU

Article about: Greetings. I would like an expert opinion on this cap. I read about ways to identify fakes, but I haven't experience, and often I do not understand without specific photos with examples - ho

?

Default Visor cap NSDAP level GAU

Hello forum
    I would like an expert opinion on this cap. I read about ways to identify fakes, but I haven't experience, and often I do not understand without specific photos with examples - how it should be. I have studied many caps of this kind. I do not see any obvious errors in comparison with caps that have been sold or are selling as original. Broken cockades, I also often seen. The question of why it is broken is a mystery to me. I understand that they are thin and the metal does not accept bending, zink, which breaks easily. Please tell me everything is fine with this cap? I looked at other caps, I see no errors. I don't understand why this cap is so well preserved. Sweat band, looks sweat free. Or the cap was cleaned well. But I don't see the obvious wearing of this cap either. I see, too many GAU level caps have been sold, and I don't like it. Anyway, I didn't find any fake points, and to be better, to gen a expert opinion.

With Respect
    Viktor

P.S. Maybe the cockades are broken during postage.

Visor cap NSDAP level GAUVisor cap NSDAP level GAU
    Last edited by MigMig; 06-05-2021 at 11:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor cap NSDAP level GAU
    P
    Many

?

As far as I can see it is a nice Clemens Wagner cap. There are sweatstains on the lining of the top panel. You can't see any on the sweatband as this was impregnated and thus there is no discolration to be seen.

?

Good news. I investigated these page

NSDAP-Gauleitung Visors

I got the confidence that everything is fine. And your opinion, too, I need
    Thank You.

P.S. I haven't experience with caps, long long time I investigated caps, and read what You and other people are saying.
    Last edited by MigMig; 06-06-2021 at 01:42 AM.

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    As far as I can see it is a nice Clemens Wagner cap. There are sweatstains on the lining of the top panel. You can't see any on the sweatband as this was impregnated and thus there is no discolration to be seen.
    Please explain why the cord is sewn so ugly? What does it mean? Is it normally?

?

Just sloppiness I suppose. I own a cap with this "feature" myself. You are a paying member, so take a look at the "short chincord" thread in the original visor cap section. I contributed there to this "problem".
    It happened very often - contrary to many peoples belief regulations were very often ignored (thus also the many varieties in shapes, measures ect.). Only the East-German post war caps were really strictly standardized and looked all the same regardless which company produced them. Vanity is a strong motivation for these variants.
    Nothing to worry about for the cap in question.

See also here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...s-img_3258.jpg
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...insideview.jpg
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...ats-aschen.jpg
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 06-07-2021 at 09:08 PM.

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Just sloppiness I suppose.
    Yes, you're right, I looked at the pages. It is a pity that the Germans ruined the beautiful cap. GAU caps are very expensive and I will feel uncomfortable with this cap. And the second one, for spiritual comfort, I think, I will not buy. I have another idea to buy now. I want an old-style cap. I will study this topic. Thanks for your reply and support. And the paid membership of the gold club .... if I buy things for thousands of dollars, that's $ 25 that's nothing. And if they help me and I have the opportunity to read good expert texts, then I like it. Thanks for the help.

PS. I think sloppiness, not only in caps. I had questions about badges, to which no one could answer qualitatively, but they assured me that it was a fake. I bought.