Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

W-SS Panzer beret

Article about: Another gem that I was able to see and handle during my stay in Seattle, this rare W-SS Panzer beret. It is sadly a bit knocked around, but in terms of things that we don't see in too many c

Default W-SS Panzer beret

Another gem that I was able to see and handle during my stay in Seattle, this rare W-SS Panzer beret. It is sadly a bit knocked around,
    but in terms of things that we don't see in too many collections, it was a bit of a thrill to see this one.

The tag on the top is just sitting on there, not sure if it was once a part of the beret or not.....

-Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS Panzer beret   W-SS Panzer beret  

W-SS Panzer beret   W-SS Panzer beret  

W-SS Panzer beret  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS Panzer beret
    P
    Many

Thanks Bob.

I am not a fan of the insignia application.

These should have a distinct set of special insignia for this beret. I have never seen regular BeVo insignia used.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

" It is sadly a bit knocked around."

Well, the interior sweat band and lining is knocked around, but the insignia on the front are crisp white, with no sign of "being knocked around" as one might expect given the overall condition of the beret. That is a huge alarm bell, that the insignia, correct or not have been added much more recently.

Interesting, thankfully this field is not for me, although the owner has had it for quite a long time, but I don't think I will pass on the bad news,
    the owner is in his 80's.....