Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap

Article about: This is the first type of SS camo cap for wear with the smock. Bob Hritz

Default Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap

This is the first type of SS camo cap for wear with the smock.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap   Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap  

Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap   Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap  

Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap  Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap
    P
    Many

Default re: Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap

another marvelous piece from your remarkable collection.

Thank you, my friend. This only surfaced last week, having been purchased at a used clothing store and listed on Craig's List. I was lucky enough to buy it from the collector who found it on Craig's List.

Bob Hritz

Dear Friend, Bravo, that is extraordinary. Fortuna smiles on you, plainly. I guess these things are not all behind lock and key in a handful of collections. We celebrate your good fortune. I would add my voice to those who advise you not to clean the thing. Its patina is an important part of its story. Please share your good fortune with us in the future.

SS Ring Man
    ?

You do not see many of theas around every day. Thanks for the show. Darrell

Incredibly correct. If i had better English I would be able to explain what I think.

Demien
    ?

It is a stunning camo cap but it is also without vents as the camo cap "Ostlanddiger" prsented ( his just dont have such nice SS camo insignia ), so is this normal for camo caps or coud that be some kinde of production talior ?

D

Quote by Demien View Post
    ( his just dont have such nice SS camo insignia ),

D
    I believe you can count the known camo caps with period applied insignia on one of your hands.

Best,
    Anders

An extrodinary find. What a rare item. I agree that only a few of these are known to exist. The manner in which it was found is even more remarkable. It has also found a home in a collection that befits its rarity.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

my opinion is this to corect made. I have been talking with many Latvian ss legioners about such caps and insignias. Old devils says that these insignias for battlefield full shit-: i asked why???? They said to me-look young boy, put this hat on with attached insignias and lay down in grass:-i asked:AND WHAT. They said-AND YOU ARE DEAD. As they explaind to me -these very salty insignias on such camo even in grass are very visible from far: that means -a little easy work for sniper as old guys remember just few officers behind front line used these skulls and :crows:. AT THIS HAT EVERYTHING IS TO MUCH AND CORECT, but.......if you look at sweatbandit still shines like sun (for me that means, somebody just recently used that cap, to make it look more used). I have kept many different German caps in my arms- they all was used, some dirty, some not so, but even sweat after 60 years dried out and looks another way. I dont want to talk even about some other details on this cap. That is not only my opinion. Thank you very much for your time if you read this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast