MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Article about: Let me introduce my latest acquisition, a nicely worn Waffen SS Visor cap for NCO's. This lovely cap has just the right amount of wear to show use with out being overly worn out. The cap fea

?

Default Waffen SS Visor Cap

Let me introduce my latest acquisition, a nicely worn Waffen SS Visor cap for NCO's. This lovely cap has just the right amount of wear to show use with out being overly worn out. The cap features trikot / whipcord wool body, black wool band, white piping, complete chinstrap, and orange chintz liner. The visor has some crazing with a few small chips but nothing detrimental. The interior also features the crosshatching on visor bill, celluloid sweat shield with the owners name. I don't really know how to read it properly but it looks like Heinzmann.
    The insignia looks original to the cap, a zinc Deschler with substantial silver finish and zinc eagle of unknown maker. Assmann eagle based on the prongs? Perhaps one of our resident experts can determine manufacturer just by looking at it. The Totenkopf is securely fastened around the interior stiffener. There are no extra holes to indicate it's a replacement. The eagle prongs do pierce the liner of which there are no extra holes but I did notice one on the wool. Perhaps it was repositioned, who knows for sure.
    I have been on the hunt for a nice one with just a little wear for some time now. With the extraordinary price surges in the SS market I had to jump now before they became out of reach for me. Please feel free to ask any questions or make comments. I'll add photo's as needed. In the meantime enjoy these photo's

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor CapWaffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

My SS Visor Collection

Waffen SS Visor Cap
    Last edited by Aldo; 07-22-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

These website pictures show the interior and Insignia better than my photo's.....

Eagle Prongs

Waffen SS Visor Cap

TK Prongs

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap
    Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Regards, Al

?

I found a beautiful spot for it in the Treasure chest...... I love symmetry and everything is Feng shui now!

Waffen SS Visor Cap

Waffen SS Visor Cap
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

Wow! Very nice. This is still one of my dream items. The cost is immense, but worth it to invest and enjoy. Interesting to see the note with the name Chr. Heinzmann, Zabern (Saverne) is in France!

Congrats friend, Wonderful to see these visors next to eachother.

?

Thank you Marten. I've had it for few days but held off posting until the controversial Zimmermann thread was resolved. This was actually a delayed Father's day present from my lovely wife. She provided the funds and the go ahead, I did the hunting and wheeling and dealing. I'm very happy with my choice. It took me all of 5 minutes to decide when I saw it, a one looker as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the translation on the name, BTW what is in parenthesis next to Saverne?
    Regards, Al

Hello Al, I like your visor and saw it on the dealers website.

Can you please explain why this is a „one looker“
    For my understanding a one looker has a few brothers in the same configuration. But for me this is the first one in this configuration.

Can you provide pictures from a similar one?

Thanks and best regards

Christian

KILLER!!
    Congrats on that very very nice present from your wife
    Maybe your wife could call my wife and tell her about good presents???!!!!
    Well done Al!

It is very nice indeed. Congrats!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Christian56789 View Post
    Hello Al, I like your visor and saw it on the dealers website.

Can you please explain why this is a „one looker“
    For my understanding a one looker has a few brothers in the same configuration. But for me this is the first one in this configuration.

Can you provide pictures from a similar one?

Thanks and best regards

Christian
    Hello Christian, for me a "one looker" is an article that convinces me and sells me on authenticity at one glance otherwise I would have used the word "text book". These Waffen SS gray caps tend to vary greatly unlike the later black top visors which share most of the same traits. I will be happy to post another if I come across one.
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    KILLER!!
    Congrats on that very very nice present from your wife
    Maybe your wife could call my wife and tell her about good presents???!!!!
    Well done Al!
    Thank you my friend. She probably thinks you have enough goodies, I doubt she could be convinced you need more. Maybe you need to build her another beautiful table.
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast