Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Panzertruppe

Article about: Good evening, gents. I've got my eye on a new visor, and I once again graciously ask for your help. Everything appears in order with this cap, but I'd appreciate your thoughts. It seems to b

Default Want To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Panzertruppe

Good evening, gents. I've got my eye on a new visor, and I once again graciously ask for your help.

Everything appears in order with this cap, but I'd appreciate your thoughts. It seems to be in outstanding condition, BUT, there is some tearing away of the sweatband at the front of the cap (see last pic). I'm debating whether or not this will deter me from this otherwise nice cap.

What do you think - see any outstanding issues (other than the loose front sweatband portion) based on the pictures? And should the sweatband be a red flag? It doesn't appear tampered with, as far as I can tell. Many, many thanks.

Want To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der PanzertruppeWant To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Panzertruppe
    Want To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der PanzertruppeWant To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Panzertruppe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Want To Buy - Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Panzertruppe
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks good to me.

The color of the piping is a bit like a washed out red rather than a panzer pink but I'm sure it is just my monitor.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks much for the input, and that's a very interesting observation - one I often overlook.

I once had what I though was a grungy Infantry cap, but once you pulled at the piping a bit to get a good look at an unexposed part of it, turns out it was lemon yellow for Nachrichtentruppe, but heavily faded somehow. Of course, being heavily soiled didn't make the piping terribly easy to discern either....

I may ask for some more photos. Thanks for that - glad you brought attention to it.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    Thanks much for the input, and that's a very interesting observation - one I often overlook.

I once had what I though was a grungy Infantry cap, but once you pulled at the piping a bit to get a good look at an unexposed part of it, turns out it was lemon yellow for Nachrichtentruppe, but heavily faded somehow.

I may ask for some more photos. Thanks for that - glad you brought attention to it.
    I am sure it is just my monitor. I have a side cap with the same faded signals waffen farbe. Thought it was just a dirty and patina'ed infantry soutash when I bought it. The Gents here spotted it for what it was.

M38 Officers Sidecap - Heer Signals with Soutashe
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I am sure it is just my monitor. I have a side cap with the same faded signals waffen farbe. Thought it was just a dirty and patina'ed infantry soutash when I bought it. The Gents here spotted it for what it was.

M38 Officers Sidecap - Heer Signals with Soutashe
    Ha, how 'bout that - we had a very similar experience. Not entirely uncommon I guess.

I do think it's likely this one is the correct panzer pink, but something like a faded arty cap could certainly get confusing. Thanks again for the good observation.

?

Nice Peküro cap with the typical weak point: the sweatband. This is, however, nothing that could not be fixed with suitable thread, patience and accuracy - it can be resewn to the black base using each of the original stitchholes.

I agree with what has been said.
    Piping looks more like faded red, but it just might be my monitor.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Nice Peküro cap with the typical weak point: the sweatband. This is, however, nothing that could not be fixed with suitable thread, patience and accuracy - it can be resewn to the black base using each of the original stitchholes.
    It is difficult to pass up just because of the sweatband - it's a great looking cap. I can probably overlook it, or as you said, a repair with some period correct/matching thread is always a possibility. The potential for faded red piping does make me second guess, though... thanks much for having a look!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree with what has been said.
    Piping looks more like faded red, but it just might be my monitor.
    Well, if you agree that something looks a little off with the piping, then it definitely makes me think twice - I certainly value your opinion. This cap is by no means cheap, so if I can't get some better pics of the piping (maybe under better light) from the seller, I'll probably have to let this one pass. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

It looks like faded red on my screen also but still a nice Peküro
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast