Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht cap not sure original

Article about: I found this cap and I need opinions because I'm not sure it's original. The seller fixed the price in 1400\\$, what do you think? Thank you for your answers

Default Wehrmacht cap not sure original

I found this cap and I need opinions because I'm not sure it's original. The seller fixed the price in 1400$, what do you think? Thank you for your answers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht cap not sure original   Wehrmacht cap not sure original  

Wehrmacht cap not sure original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht cap not sure original
    P
    Many

The overall wear looks convincing enough but the cockade looks a bit odd. The experts will descend soon.

IMO, real or fake, way too expensive.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hat itself is real, but insignia are probably postwar replacements (the wreath is incorrect for Army--it is actually for a Red Cross visor).

Cap is probably worth $400 on its best day.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank You Stonemint for clarifying my doubts, I don't see nothing strange in the wreath, it seems the same from a Red Cross visor to an army one to me. He says he leave it to me for $ 950, I think it's too much, but thank you all for your answers.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Hat itself is real, but insignia are probably postwar replacements (the wreath is incorrect for Army--it is actually for a Red Cross visor).

Cap is probably worth $400 on its best day.
    On my screen the insignia seem to be gilt and lack the details originals would have - which makes one think they are cast (and painted) repros. As stonemint says the wreath doesn't fit the EM/NCO infantry cap. I also don't like the stamp I believe to see where the sweatshield was - is this supposed to be an SS-eagle? This would further ruin the cap.