Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this cap and I need opinions, seems original to me, but I want the advice of more expert people. The seller fixed the price in 800\\$, what do you think? Thank you for

Default Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia

Hello everyone, I found this cap and I need opinions, seems original to me, but I want the advice of more expert people. The seller fixed the price in 800$, what do you think? Thank you for your answers. The markings of the manufacturer in the interior show that it was made by Olympia. Everything seems correct, I await your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia   Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia  

Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia  
    Attached Images Attached Images Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht infantry cap made by Olympia
    P
    Many

Hat is good--maker is Otto Dittmann of Dresden ("Marke Odd").
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Price seems quite elevated for a late war cap with damaged/loose sweatband and damaged stiffener of the centerband - perhaps you can get a reduction.

Thank you for your answers!

Hello,
    I do not comment often when it comes to visor caps but this one attracted me like almost never before, late war, low ranks, Infanterie and without the rounded spring placed in the crown that leaves gravity doing its job...simply beautiful in my eyes. I wanted to buy one like this sometime in the past but never ever seen one more interesting than the example shown here. To me, of course i'm not talking about value or rarity, this is the highest representation possible of the german army as far as Schirmmützen are involved. It's hard to translate in english because i don't know if an english or german or spanish or any other member from any nationality would get the image or spirit beyond the words, but i often use a saying used among my collecting group of friends when we talk about items. For us it means both that the item is original and also desirable because it shows late war quality : it is "it stinks defeat or it stinks like defeat".
    Nice cap by the way (reminder of older german Feldmützen or Schirmmützen)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)