Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What's the matter with this GAU Visor???

Article about: I would appreciate some help with this Gau Visor. There are some difficulties with this that just don't leave me alone. For one thing, the sweatband appears to have been replaced. In additio

Default What's the matter with this GAU Visor???

I would appreciate some help with this Gau Visor. There are some difficulties with this that just don't leave me alone. For one thing, the sweatband appears to have been replaced. In addition, the lining was probably re-sewn and the buttons for the cap cord were moved on both sides, you can clearly see the old holes in the black cardboard (red circles). The cap cord with the RZM Paper Tag was added by myself! In the area behind the oak leaf wreath and cockade there is a coarse white fabric that I have also found on other visors. However, it looks very loose. None of this left me alone and I carefully removed the oak leaf wreath, whereupon I discovered that it was obviously a fake. The cockade and eagle are original, I also think the visor as a whole is original, but - as I already said - it doesn't leave me alone. Maybe someone can help me and give me advice, thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's the matter with this GAU Visor???   What's the matter with this GAU Visor???  

What's the matter with this GAU Visor???   What's the matter with this GAU Visor???  

What's the matter with this GAU Visor???   What's the matter with this GAU Visor???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's the matter with this GAU Visor???
    P
    Many

Does nobody have any idea about that Visor?

I don't see an issue with it, other than the fact that the buttons were moved at some point.
    The gilt wreath looks fine as well.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I don't see an issue with it, other than the fact that the buttons were moved at some point.
    The gilt wreath looks fine as well.
    Okay then. Thanks a lot for your assessment! Maybe I am just too sceptical.