Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)

Article about: Hi everyone, I found this german Schiffchen, everything seems correct, exept the way the eagle and the insignia are sewn is a bit strange I haven't seen it before, is everything correct?, wh

Default WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)

Hi everyone, I found this german Schiffchen, everything seems correct, exept the way the eagle and the insignia are sewn is a bit strange I haven't seen it before, is everything correct?, what do you think? Thank you for your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)   WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)  

WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)   WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Wehrmacht side cap (Schiffchen)
    P
    Many

I not a fan of it all, for the following reasons:

a) It bears army insignia yet it is not the correct cut for an army cap of the period, it should be the scalloped front M34 style with grommets on each side, or even the scalloped front M42 cap. I'd expect to see your schiffen bearing yellow for coastal artillery insignia;

b) Maybe the angle of the photos, but the insignia looks fake, especially the Eagle;

c) Where the left hand seam comes over the front of the cap, it disappears 1cm before it reaches the front of the cap to form a V;

d) Where the cap lining is stitched along the inner edge of the cap, there should be another stitch line 1cm above it, again it might be the pictures, but I can't see that stick line.

See what others have to say.

Ed

Thanks Ed, yes, it's definitely suspicious, I'll pass this time.