Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?

Article about: Not bragging but, have several items in the collection and just added one over the weekend. Most of mine just include various shoulderboards and collar tabs and one Knights Cross set up-all

Quote by MAP View Post
    Let's just say I was lucky to get this. I missed out on his personal photo album which actually went for more than the visor.

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    Thanks for the link, I had not noticed it earlier to look at. Been busy with the significant other and not paying attention. Anyway, I have heard of this gentleman before.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?
    P
    Many

Quote by TWS View Post
    Thanks! And sorry to hear about yours getting pinched. That *****.

I have another grouping to another Stalingrad veteran but he wasn't a DKiG recipient. He did earn the EKI, however.
    Thank you. I know who it was as well, but cant prove it to the police beyond any doubt. One thing is for sure, it will never see display again. Also, his family owns a big antique shop and I highly suspect the other items that were stolen, ended up in their home. Includes all of my fathers WWII Air corps uniforms, medals, photos and art sketchbooks he had made of his unit-plus most of his Korean War stuff too-and WWII K-Bar knife he won off a Marine during a week long crap game in a latrine in Japan.
    Last edited by 24th Panzer Division; 08-19-2018 at 01:34 AM. Reason: I cannot spell today.

Quote by TWS View Post
    Simply awesome.
    I am likely not adding anything you do not know but here is some scant info I have on him-so scant you can see through it. Drum roll please........... and info over-load (for now) He got his DKiG on: Jan 28, 1943. I have more on him at home and will try to remember to bring it. I had a marathon with the lady today so my mind was split.

TWS
    ?

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    Thank you. I know who it was as well, but cant prove it to the police beyond any doubt. One thing is for sure, it will never see display again. Also, his family owns a big antique shop and I highly suspect the other items that were stolen, ended up in their home. Includes all of my fathers WWII Air corps uniforms, medals, photos and art sketchbooks he had made of his unit-plus most of his Korean War stuff too-and WWII K-Bar knife he won off a Marine during a week long crap game in a latrine in Japan.
    Hmmm... I would have a hard time leaving that alone.

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the link, I had not noticed it earlier to look at. Been busy with the significant other and not paying attention. Anyway, I have heard of this gentleman before.
    Please do tell. What have you heard and what do you know? Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by TWS View Post
    Hmmm... I would have a hard time leaving that alone.
    The crapgame or? My dad was the one who organized the illegal dice game. He claimed it lasted a week. He also claimed they "cleaned house" and emptied the pockets of the MPs-who were supposed to stop the game.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Please do tell. What have you heard and what do you know? Thanks!
    Just in books and on an old History Channel documentary I had taped about 25 years ago-back when they actually had nothing but good programming on. They did a 4-part series on Kav units on the Eastern Front-and this man's name was mentioned more than once. It has been since that time since I have seen it last. I still have this tape-but no player. I would have to dig out any books I have to see what is mentioned on him? German text only i'm afraid.

TWS
    ?

The crapgame or? My dad was the one who organized the illegal dice game. He claimed it lasted a week. He also claimed they "cleaned house" and emptied the pockets of the MPs-who were supposed to stop the game.
    No. The thief.

Quote by TWS View Post
    No. The thief.
    Their last names really are Smith and they still have a huge antiques shop in my old home town. Also I think they do most of their business online now. The oldest son whose name I can no longer remember-was the one into all kinds of militaria and just as crooked as eugene mapes and his mother were. I say were because both are now deceased. I was friends with the younger brother and he is not a suspect-and now is approaching retirement as a senior US Army NCO. But then you never can tell? Anyway, if you ever had the luck to get to go into their attic (the whole 2-story house was stuffed with all-kinds of fine stuff-and taken i'm sure-at near the same prices that Goring got for his collections) like I did a few times visiting their attic, you would have seen a 3 feet tall stack of authentic German flags-Imperial< regimental and WWII including swallowtails, and a stack of Tellermines knee high, a wooden box-full of stick grenades-probably held at least 100 in it? and many weapons. They collected only hats-but not full uniforms. I never saw any insignia or awards either, but then I never saw everything they had. One thing I forgot to mention, they did have one hell of a collection of medal bars.
    Last edited by 24th Panzer Division; 08-22-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Poor choice of words in one of the sentences.

For George, I tried replying to your Pm, but for some reason it will not do so. ANyway, if you can send me another PM? let me know exactly what you are looking for? I might be able to help. Best regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2