Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern

Article about: For my first post on the forum here a display of some of my favorite blood orders

CBH
    ?

If you also slightly crop the photos it should work, I have no idea why.
    Beautiful collection , and welcome to the forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern
    P
    Many

Here is a BO set I picked up recently. The photo is missing unfortunately but still a nice set IMO. The label (which is often missing) is still there with the BO number and the recipient's name
    The Besitzurkunde is of particular interest : It bears an additional mention dated from July 1943 and stamped from the Gauleitung Wien saying that Blutorden and Besitzurkunde remain the property of the family. Therefore the distinct honour of being published in Patzwall's book
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern   Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

Very nice and hard to find a 2nd pattern that’s named.

Thanks Erich. Here some more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern   Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

?

very nice sir. i just want an original 1939 iron cross 1st class. but id love a blood order. i just dont know where people find these things.

Nice set, congratulations.
    Collecting these at the moment isn’t so easy, everyone wants a fortune for new material. I’ve been offered 2 groups lately, but the prices are insane and not for me. Hopefully they do not sell and the owner becomes more realistic, but recently anything really great in German militaria it seems people can ask what they like, and they will get it. Crazy times with the cost of living pressures but still this stuff increases in price all the time.
    Happy hunting!

Default 9. November

100 years ago ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden 1st and 2nd pattern  

photo upside down once again but well...

Very nice.

Regards
    Santi

Back to BO grouping #3397... I've received some more information in the mean time!
    Hamböck was 23 when he received the Blutorden and sadly died 3 years later in 1943.
    His family applied to keep the Blutorden. His parents were already dead so it's his foster mother who requested to keep the BO, Verleihungsurkunde, Besitzurkunde and NSDAP membership card "as souvenirs".
    The documents found in the archives recall that family members are not entitled to wear the BO and that the diplomas and membership card have been made invalid by the Gauschatzmeister before they were given back to the foster mother.
    So actually this could explain why the photo has been removed from the BO Besitzurkunde. Just an hypothesis but this could very likely be the reason.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast