Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brunswick Hussars Skull EM

Article about: Hi guys. I know these are hard to find original. Any chance for this little guy? Thank you.

?

Default Brunswick Hussars Skull EM

Hi guys. I know these are hard to find original. Any chance for this little guy?
    Thank you.
    Brunswick Hussars Skull EMBrunswick Hussars Skull EM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick Hussars Skull EM
    P
    Many

?

Based on the eye & nasal openings and some edges I was prepared to say a replica cast piece. When I compare it to mine I'm not so sure anymore. It's a little rougher looking but I think it stands a chance

Regards, Al

?

That's great news that its not a quick no. I will try and take better pics a little later, it doesn't seem cast at all in hand and it does seem well used. Thank you for the reply and great examples.

?

Here's the the thing about scrutinizing ever detail. Most of these objects in hand to the naked eye look perfect. It's when we dissect everything using macro photography that we sometimes become overcritical. We can be our own worst enemies and the forgers best friends with all this detail. Of course I could be wrong and both of our TK's are frauds, but I think not.
    Regards, Al

?

I added another Hussar skull to my collection. Hope all looks good. I considered it a one looker, but now looking at the eyes, I haven't seen eyes that weren't perfectly round before.
    Is the OP skull more of a private purchase or this type?
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick Hussars Skull EM   Brunswick Hussars Skull EM  

Brunswick Hussars Skull EM   Brunswick Hussars Skull EM  

?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a good one. The oval eyes are strange though. It's meant to be the other type for EM. There are two similar types used by EM, this being one. I think you need to find an image of a similar skull on a cap to be sure

Brunswick Hussars Skull EM
    Regards, Al

?

Thank you Al. I feel good about it in hand, I will look around at some caps. If the skull is viewed from an angle the eyes appear more round which would make period photos more difficult.
    It reminds me a little of the style of skull for this Pelzmütze that is on Weitze's site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick Hussars Skull EM   Brunswick Hussars Skull EM