Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Collection cupboard re-vamp !

Article about: Thanks Steve, Looking forward to trying it out. Best regards, navyman.

Default Collection cupboard re-vamp !

Hey guys

Well, since January 2008, I have now found so much stuff that I have had to totally re-vamp my cupboard to accomodate all my finds.

I have attached the pictures of my cupboard below for you

Hope you like my display !

Remember, everything in this cupboard I have found with a metal detector in ENGLAND, (apart from the small number of finds form the Ardennes). Who needs to go abroad to get WW2 relics ??

I have also included pictures of each shelf and then close ups of each portion of shelf so there's lots of photos. Click on them to see a bigger closer up version.

Please also note I have taken a picture of the underneath of Shelf 2, just to show how cool the bases of the cartridges look and the fact that you get a much better impression of how many there are

Enjoy !

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collection cupboard re-vamp !   Collection cupboard re-vamp !  

Collection cupboard re-vamp !   Collection cupboard re-vamp !  

Collection cupboard re-vamp !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection cupboard re-vamp !
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collection cupboard re-vamp !

Jesus Christ Steve if that lot could talk, you could catalogue it all and put it in a book with pics. well done mate.
    dave.

Steve,
    Thats a lovely display, a real feast for the eyes. I'd say museum quality thanks for sharing. It's not bad for 6 months work, already a great collection. But just think, at this rate you'll have twice the amount of finds by Christmas. I think you should start planning the position of your next cupboard!!!.
    Always looking forward to your next post.
    ps I'll be posting another thread soon with my latest finds.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Nice finds! But how many darned batteries did ya have to go through??

Thanks guys

I actually think Dave that I may well write a book about the Airfield location as it is such an interesting history.

Luckystrike - It's 18months not 6 months ! Although you are right about the new cupboard.....already got a spot for it just need to talk the Mrs round

Packin9 - Not as many as you think ! I reckon that lot is the result of 18 visits. Each visit is roughly 4 hours. Each set of baterries last roughly 12 hours. That's only 6 sets of batteries. At £6 a set, that's £36. Just ONE of those exhaust ports is worth more than that so not bad really

Steve T

Very productive! And a book? Sounds great. You might have quite a lucrative career ahead of you!

Reg
    ?

Nicely presented display Steve, I like it how you take the time to write what is present, by the way! is that a flare pistol frame on shelf 6? nice find if it is!

Reg

Reg

It sure is ! I was dead chuffed when that appeared out the ground i can tell you !

Steve T

PS The shelf note tells you it is to
    Attached Images Attached Images Collection cupboard re-vamp ! 

Hello Steve,
    Excellent display. That's going to take some cataloging!
    Good idea about the book. I would certainly buy a copy of a reference book describing an airfield site, and tips regarding the operation of detection equipment, also some information about getting permission to work on private sites?
    I have a cheap detector which I bought two years ago and still haven't had a chance to try out. I'm a wheelchair user and it was pointed out to me that it would probably only detect the thing I was sitting in!
    A friend is going to take me out to try it in the near future. I've never used one before and would be grateful for any advice.
    Best regards,
    navyman.

Navyman

Well every metal detectorist carries a bloody great spade in one hand and, if they're like me, a bag over their shoulder with 5 kilos of finds in it so you should be fine in your chair

Just make sure you got the detector at max extension and keep it close to the ground. If it detectors your chair, turn the sensitivity down !

Steve T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast