MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Current uniform display.

Article about: While putting the torso form with the M42 Feldbluse in place tonight I decided to step back and show what the "uniform wall" of my war room currently looks like. Some of the unifor

TWS
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    AHHHH I can sleep now! nice!
    Glad we avoided giving you insomnia because I'm about to log off. Lily is glaring at me for spending too much time on the laptop.
    Does anyone want a spoiled Calico? Will trade for some minor item of WWII militaria.

Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Current uniform display.
    P
    Many

Hey never did do a display of the summer '41

?

Wow, that are a lot of uniforms!!!
    Nice collection.

That display is just something!
    I bet that in this room can spend hours and hours without even understand how time is flying.

Very nice collection Todd

Bill

TWS
    ?

I have been working on a partial rotation of my uniform display. It's a good bit of work to change over all of the mannequins and torso forms, so I'm just doing a partial.

The first mannequin I'll show is my Erfurt '39 dated greatcoat. I've been thinking about putting it on display ever since I acquired my machine gun battalion greatcoat a few months ago. I acquired this one about 18 years ago at the antique and military surplus store in the small German town where I lived. I have never had this coat on display so it was about time. It came without shoulder straps and I was able to acquire a nice long pair (greatcoat appropriate) for a medical NCO at the SOS three years ago. Unfortunately my medical enlisted/NCO visor cap is too small to fit on the head (cap is a 54 and the mannequin takes about a 56 on up) so I tried out my Heer M43 cap and to me it looks all right despite putting a late war '44 dated cap on a '39 Mantel.

I also put on a mannequin for the first time my mint early war Heer trousers to wear under the greatcoat. I'd acquired them at the Arlon show the same year as the greatcoat and like the coat, they've never been on display.

Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

The greatcoat mannequin looks sharp. It's a lot to take in, we appreciate the effort and new posts.

TWS
    ?

And here is a new arrival. I owned a Luftwaffe Flieger Waffenrock many years ago but for reasons I cannot fathom I sold it to a friend. He has declined my request to sell it back to me, so to overcome my remorse at letting that one go I managed to acquire a "replacement".

Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Continuing with the rotation, I put this Kraftfahrer/Nachschub Unterfeldwebel Waffenrock out on display. Unusual in that the tailor used silver twisted cord in lieu of piping on the shoulder straps. I showed this tunic to Adolf Schlicht in 1993 and he scoffed and said "That would have never been approved for wear!" Interestingly enough, it does not have a "Geprüft" stamp inside so I could not argue with him. (As if one would have argued with Adolf Schlicht anyway.)

Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That’s in super condition Todd! Did this already come with holes where previous awards were mounted? If so, I assume you use the same hole and if not create new ones when mounting the award. Forgive my ignorance, I’m not well versed in awards and am just curious.

Andy

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast