Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Current uniform display.

Article about: While putting the torso form with the M42 Feldbluse in place tonight I decided to step back and show what the "uniform wall" of my war room currently looks like. Some of the unifor

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    That’s in super condition Todd! Did this already come with holes where previous awards were mounted? If so, I assume you use the same hole and if not create new ones when mounting the award. Forgive my ignorance, I’m not well versed in awards and am just curious.

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    No worries. I'm lacking in knowledge about many areas of the hobby myself. The fact that we can be constantly learning helps hold my interest.

The awards (normally) are not stuck through holes at all. There are loops that are sewn onto the tunics that hold the pins of the awards. Please see photo.

Now, that subject could be discussed at length because there are some subtleties. Some award loops are added by skilled tailors like in my photo and appear very neat and well made. There are less neat ones that the soldiers themselves added in the field or perhaps they were fortunate to have their company tailor add them in the field. There are also collector added loops when a collector wants to make his tunic more colorful or like it belonged to a brave and accomplished soldier. And lastly, there are actual cases where a commander stuck an award right through the fabric of the soldier's tunic during a presentation ceremony! We see this in some original photos and I do have one tunic whereby I suspect that happened. That would have occurred in the field, generally right behind the front when a unit was moved into a rest area and the unit had the time and security to put on an award ceremony.

Hope that is useful.

Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Current uniform display.
    P
    Many

?

WOW!! now we all know where they all went!!!

Just had read through the whole thread, truly amazing stuff I could look at it all day!

TWS
    ?

One more mannequin set up. Panzergrenadier Leutnant walking out uniform. Tunic, hat and trousers were all acquired separately and not easy to find.

Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Just had read through the whole thread, truly amazing stuff I could look at it all day!
    Thank-you Bodhi. That's very kind of you to say.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Todd!
    Superb panzergrenadier setup.. Looks amazing

MAP
    ?

Just love that PG green piping. Great Stuff.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Todd. Looking great! A world class collection some of us are hiding in our homes and this is no doubt one of them. All the hard work paid off. Well played
    Zach

TWS
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Todd. Looking great! A world class collection some of us are hiding in our homes and this is no doubt one of them. All the hard work paid off. Well played
    Zach
    Thanks Zach! I just now noticed your comment and it's much appreciated.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

I did some changes to my display a couple months ago but hadn't found time to take photos. I was very pleased to recently add a complete uniform to a Stabsfeldwebel in Braunschweig Infanterie Regiment 17. Tunic, cap and trousers all came together, ostensibly to the same man. The tunic and cap are unit stamped, but unfortunately unnamed. Also out on display are two fairly recently arrived Kavallerie Waffenrocks. One from Kav Rgt 6 and the other from Kav-Schützen Regiment 7. Unfortunately, the "S 7" chain stitching was picked out of the shoulder straps but it is unit stamped inside. The Kav Rgt 6 Rock is named and was featured in "Waffenrock: Parade Uniforms of the German Army" by Tim Curley and Neil Stewart. Unfortunately it seems I don't have a photo handy of the nametag that is sewn to the lining.

Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.Current uniform display.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast