Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Display cabinets lighting questions?

Article about: Hey Folk's, I hope all is well with everyone. I have one of those 4 tier glass display cases arriving this week, So I was looking into lighting for this. First off, I'm getting one of those

Sorry to hear this Phil, UPS lost three of my packages in a year, two went too god knows where and the other was lost all the way up in Brooklyn! I got a full refund but it really p####d me off, I don't want to offend anybody but UPS isn't what it used to be !!!

Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display cabinets lighting questions?
    P
    Many

Sorry to hear Phil that *****, hope you can get a refund and find a better cabinet. But hey, on the bright side you still have the lights to play with while you search for another.

Bodhi

That ***** Phil. Sorry To hear that. Plenty of other good ones out there so hoping you find something similar or even better!
    Andy

Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Hey Phil, I got mine at Home Depot. They are flexible strips of LEDs that connect with wires. I think I paid $40. They also come with a remote that can dim them and change color. Can’t wait to see what you set up.

?

do LED'S give off any heat?

Quote by toot View Post
    do LED'S give off any heat?
    Did you read the thread?
    See post #7.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Display cabinets lighting questions?Hey Phil, I got mine at Home Depot. They are flexible strips of LEDs that connect with wires. I think I paid $40. They also come with a remote that can dim them and change color. Can’t wait to see what you set up.
    Looks fantastic!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Phil.. Maybe it will show up..

LEDs are the more preferred and acceptable type of lighting that is used in museums.. We have replaced all our florescent bulbs with LEDs..

One thing about lighting,, it is all about the Lumens or Candle Power that the light gives off.. It will generate heat no matter what type of bulb, but the safer of the bulbs are LEDs. We had spot light and cannister lights that had halogen bulbs in them that burned very hot and we have since replaced them with LED spot and flood lights in order to cover more exhibit area and highlight specific artifacts..

Of course with all this we also have light measuring devices that we use throughout the museum to ensure that there is not too much light directly on artifacts, especially art and fabrics, but we also have policies in place to rotate those artifacts out every 6 months and placer them back in storage in order for the artifacts to "breathe" and recover..

So enough of the museum mumbo jumbo that I deal with each day...

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

So enough of the museum mumbo jumbo that I deal with each day...

Smitty
    I was hoping you would chime in, I wanted to hear that Museum mumbo jumbo from a professional.

Thanks Leigh,

mauser9,
    I like the way those change colors, Very cool. I might check those out.
    Since my display case didn't show up and I haven't decided which one to get now.
    I do have my LED light strips along the wall behind the mannequins and connected it to the Clapper switch, And make it turn on and off for my grandson. He's trying but his clap is to quite.

It would be nice to add some color.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

It looks like all the help with this question were not in vain after all.

I just have to say,
    My wife is AWESOME!!!

Well she knew how bad I really wanted this display case,
    She made contact with the Tempe store for a notice when they got them back in.

They sent her an email saying they had them, Then working with my #3 son, who knew a friend there who was coming to Yuma for Christmas and he picked it up and his friend delivered it!!!!!

I gave the kid a$60 thank you!!1

Now this is the display case sitting behind my gun safe.
    The 2 cardboard boxes.
    It still need to be put together.
    Display cabinets lighting questions?

BUT THE "TREE" IS IN MY DISPLAY CASE LOCATION SPOT!!!!!

So I'm not being a Grinch or anything this year,
    But that ****ers coming down early this year!!!!

Oh Yeah,
    Merry Christmas Folks!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast