Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer "Battle worn" Model 42 Feldbluse

Article about: I purchased a mannequin and now I can finally complete what I am calling a "battle worn" display. It will be based upon this M42 Feldbluse. I had posted the collection of worn fiel

Lovely set! glad ya recognize the work it takes to set up!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer "Battle worn" Model 42 Feldbluse
    P
    Many

Thanks! I selected that canteen purposefully with the repainted cup to illustrate how things were reissued. The helmet is a DD reissue as well. More to come. NH

?

Neil, that looks fantastic. Congratulations!
    Regards, Al

Great ensemble Neil - just turn the spaten around so it points away from the body ..... its more correct and less uncomfortable for the mannequin

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks great Neil!
    You should feed the backstrap of the y-straps through the opposite way so that the loose end is on the inside. That way the brown doesn't show.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Jeeze you fellas are tough on a first timer!

In response to Dan and Ralph, I will check out your suggestions. However, the Presstoff carrier is incredibly tight. I fear reversing the shovel will cause the sides to split open. I dare not attempt such a move - the carrier from fjm was not inexpensive! I will take a look at the Y-straps. It appears they have an extra retainer that needs to come off. Next up, getting the mess tin and shelter quarter attached. The mess tin strap original I have is pretty fragile so looking for another. I think the shelter quarter will get hung on the belt with original webbing straps. Gas mask is ready too. NH

?

Looks great, Neil..
    I particularly like the signals/telephone kit in the background (bit of a penchant of mine)..

Great stuff.

Finally added the last few items after wrestling with Klaus for an hour. He is now pretty heavy. They must have hated the gas mask canisters and I can tell you they are a pain to this day. In the spirit of depicting "battle worn" items, I added a heavily used mess tin, canteen with repainted cup with Dunkelgelb over Schwarz, a used but intact Zeltbahn and the aforementioned worn gas mask canister. The stick hand grenade is inert of course and perhaps I should change the Winter style cap. Helmet is an M35 DD reissue. Only two things are post war. The long helmet strap is a repro because I didn't want to hang it with an original. My long mess tin strap is too fragile so the one on it now is post war dated 1954. Apologies! Neil

Heer "Battle worn" Model 42 FeldbluseHeer "Battle worn" Model 42 FeldbluseHeer "Battle worn" Model 42 Feldbluse

MAP
    ?

Fantastic Neil.

But Klaus really needs a face to go with the name

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast