Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Soldier battle worn display

Article about: Hello friends, I am putting together a display of what I call "battle worn" items. Since I don't know the entire history of these items, some may display post war use. Nonetheless,

All you are missing is the smell, Neil ..... limberger cheese and sweat!!!

I wonder how the boot got that hole?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Soldier battle worn display
    P
    Many

Dan, he has the smell in he's hands right there!

TWS
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I've seen what I want in clothing stores but no on line. If you have any tips please let me know. Cheers, Neil
    Unfortunately I have "expertise" in buying cheap mannequins, not nice ones.

The expensive one that I have with articulated arms and rotatable wrists,etc. I bought a long time ago from the dealer who set up at Arlon, Belgium when I lived in Germany. The rest of my mannequins are fleabay cheapies.

If you do see an example you like in a clothing store, I would advise asking them where they get them from. The sales clerk will probably be clueless, but might be able to pass you up the chain to their procurement folks.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

is the hole in the boot a burn or shrapnel damage?

Congratulations Neil!!

Dan et al, The Feldbluse does smell but not terribly so. Once complete, perhaps I will put a slice of Limburger in the pocket for effect.
    Just kidding! We surmise the boot hole is from the repetitive kick starting of a motorcycle. The original owner may have been assigned to dispatch riding. I can't think of any other reason for it. Neil

?

Mice..

Splendid display, Neil!
    Looks great without the mannequin..

I'm late on parade with a response here, but it is a exciting display of items that can said to have "been there". What unit does the Soldbuch belong to, I'm curious?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I'm late on parade with a response here, but it is a exciting display of items that can said to have "been there". What unit does the Soldbuch belong to, I'm curious?
    The Soldbuch is from Klaus Schmidt. The display is only loosely based on his time in the Heer - not directly. He advanced in rank past Oberschütze as you can see. Rather, this reflects a soldier in a Marschkompanie or rapidly evolving Ersatz unit thrown into battle. His medical record shows he was being treated for a 31a or bullet wound.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14Heer Soldier battle worn display44968[/ATTACH]Heer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn display
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Soldier battle worn display  

Only just seen this Neil - it is a great display, i really like it.
    The mess tin you have just purchased has good wear also - i have seen them like this in pictures with heavy paint loss.
    nick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast