Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Military Related Art

Article about: The Edition is signed by the Artist Mark Postlethwaite and countersigned by four JG-26 Fighter Pilot Veterans. Hey Everyone, I thought id share with you some of our military related prints a

Default Military Related Art

The Edition is signed by the Artist Mark Postlethwaite and countersigned by four JG-26 Fighter Pilot Veterans.
    Hey Everyone,

I thought id share with you some of our military related prints and paintings that grace the walls of our household. Some are signed, some not, some are prints and some are originals. I love to see military art so if anyone has any to share, it would be great to see!

Thanks

First up is my newest addition which i bought today. This is signed by the Artist Mark Postlethwaite and countersigned by four JG-26 Fighter Pilot Veterans:

Leutnant Heinrich 'Jan' Schild, Iron Cross (First Class)

13 Victories; wounded 3 times. Took up flying as a sport in 1934, during the war flew mainly with JG26 although he did spend some time with JG5 in Norway and JG54 in Russia. After the war he joined the German Air Force and rose to the rank of Oberstleuntant.

Feldwebel Heinrich Heuser, Iron Cross (First Class)

5 Victories. Started flying in 1938 and joined JG26 in autumn 1942. It is Heuser's FW190 that is depicted in the painting. His log book confirms that, on the morning of 17th August 1943 he was involved in a head on attack with B-17s over Holland. Heuser's war ended when he was shot down over France in late 1944.

Feldwebel Werner Kraft, Iron Cross (Second Class)

1 Victory, a B-17 on 17th August 1943. Flew with 9/JG26 on the raid depicted. Delivered the fatal attack on Bay-Be a 95th BG B-17 and was then shot down by the waist gunner William Binnebose. The two men ended up sharing a room in the same Naval Hospital!

Obergefreiter Werner Molge

2 Victories in 35 Combat Missions. At the age of 19 he was one of the youngest members of JG26. He served with the unit from October 1944-May 1945 and took part in the memorable Operation Bodenplatte , attacking 127 Canadian Wing at Brusssels-Evere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Related Art   Military Related Art  

Military Related Art   Military Related Art  

Military Related Art  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Military Related Art
    P
    Many

Default Re: Military Related Art

Next up is this picture of a romantic scene with an American Soldier and who i assume to be his Sweetheart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Related Art  

Original Painting of a WW1 air scene. The colour in this is magnificent in my opinion.

Here is my Signed Print of The Battle of Kohima, April 1944 by Terence Tenison Cuneo. In all his pictures he includes a little mouse somewhere, i was sad enough to sit for hours trying to find it and its up the tree

And last but not least, My Convoy SC7. Was a little shocked when i saw this sat in a charity shop. Could hardly say no

I have several other smaller pieces but these are a few of my favourites.

Hope i haven't bored you all too much,

?

Very nice art, I only have one,a signed poster from #4 Canadian Wing, Cold Lake Alberta.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Related Art   Military Related Art  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Here is my Signed Print of The Battle of Kohima, April 1944 by Terence Tenison Cuneo. In all his pictures he includes a little mouse somewhere, i was sad enough to sit for hours trying to find it and its up the tree
    Nice Vicky i have the honour to know the last surviving veteran of 2 DLI that fought at Kohima !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Nice Vicky i have the honour to know the last surviving veteran of 2 DLI that fought at Kohima !!
    Fantastic! An Elderly gent i grew up next door to was in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers at Kohima. James has interviewed and recorded him which is fortunate as he seems to have onset dementia. His stories are generally comical, he was put in "clink" (as he calls it) several times. Once for being drunk and going into the officers mess, once for racing his mate to see who can clean their revolver the quickest (upon doing this he stood up and nearly shot his mate) and another time for shouting when a snake came into his fox hole which could have compromised his position. Needless to say i look at this picture frequently and think about what he actually went through.

Great stuff Vicky ! I love postlethwaite's work

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem