Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator

Article about: Hi, I'm new to this forum and I thought I should make a post on two of my favorite items. I recently got a Civilian Duty Respirator. But not just any regular type, a Mk.II. I've only seen th

Post Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I thought I should make a post on two of my favorite items.

I recently got a Civilian Duty Respirator. But not just any regular type, a Mk.II. I've only seen them 4 times now, GasmasksUK, B.B. one on Worthpoint and mine. I believe it was first produced in 1936 then up to 1938, mine being produced 1936. For some reason, mine was fitted with a contex prefilter but was ripped off. There is now tape residue on the filter and the prefilter. The prefilter features an extended piece attached to it to lift it up from the inhale valve on the filter, as a regular prefilter wouldn't fit on it. It is also missing its contents, and also shows signs of some sort of bleaching. It came with its bag, anti-dim, prefilter and of course the actual mask. Unfortunately, one of the straps is almost ripped off completely. Good news is its exhale valve is still intact, sometimes uncommon when it comes to CDRs.
    Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator
    Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator

The Invalid Helmet Respirator was issued to people who couldn't wear respirators for long periods of time, had a hard time breathing or couldn't wear a regular respirator. It features a regular Civilian Duty Respirator filter with a contex prefilter. The way the mask works is the wearer slides their hand under the pump and will move it up and down to pump air in the mask. Before entering the mask, it goes through the filter which then has to go through a rubber sheet with two flutter valves to let air in but not out. To exhale, the mask will lift off the wearers shoulders letting air out. My instance was made in 1940, and instead of rubber/plastic pieces to pull to tighten around the wearer, it uses a metal ring. The clamp also seems to be the same as the US M1A2-1-1

For more info, visit Gas Mask and Respirator Wiki | Fandom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mk.II Civilian Duty Respirator & Invalid Helmet Respirator
    P
    Many