Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection

Article about: -- Well I've finally narrowed my scope and settled into the niche of SS and Panzer collecting. I'm very excited about this new hobby and will post updates every so often. I'm very lucky to h

Default My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection

-- Well I've finally narrowed my scope and settled into the niche of SS and Panzer collecting. I'm very excited about this new hobby and will post updates every so often. I'm very lucky to have been taken-under-the-wing by a local collector whom I'm already learning a good bunch from. Oh so much more reading and researching to do!

My next endeavour will be the matching shoulder boards and a nice display box when done and satisfied
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection
    P
    Many

Thanks for showing them.

I would really like to see close up's front and back of the tabs. Especially the Feldgrau ones in the middle of the pic. Sorry but I have concerns about these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Panzer and SS are the two most very dangerous collecting avenues so proceed with patience and extreme caution if you are new. Like Ade I have concerns about the panzer tabs as well. Also be careful about being taken under the wing of local collectors. Some are looking for marks to sell to, some just plain don't know crap about crap. Post everything before you buy. You don't want to be "taken by local collectors".

good advice.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for showing them.

I would really like to see close up's front and back of the tabs. Especially the Feldgrau ones in the middle of the pic. Sorry but I have concerns about these.

Cheers, Ade.

Hermaan Goering Division

I've never seen both buckram & cardboard backing!!
    Field sewn

Thanks for the better pics. They look fine now I can see the details.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the better pics. They look fine now I can see the details.

Cheers, Ade.
    -- Cheers Ade. I understand your concern completely. These things are very rare to happen upon and when you do many are poor reproductions and/or fakes. If you come across the real thing the price for these things is quite staggering, but well worth it at the same time. Now if I could only find Pioneer twist piping, Green Reconnaissance, and Copper/Cinnamon! (all near impossible, lol).

Indeed, good luck on those! Always wanted a pioneer set myself....

?

Had a set of pioneeer tabs, bought on the estand that turned out to be bad ones. THey are the nicest ones IMO. Good luck with the rest of your collecting.

** Please note that this is not the Robert Klaas dagger pictured at the beginning of this thread with the Panzer badges. This one I just purchased yesterday **

-- Christmas came a little early for me this week when a Robert Klaas stamped dagger w/ provenance walked into the local military antique shop. In my opinion she's a real beauty.

In 2007 the former owner had documentation performed by Ross J. Kelbaugh of the Military Research Centre in Baltimore, Maryland. The findings revealed the following:

" His name is Hans-Joachim Horlitz, SS No. 200 485, I picked him up on an undated document that, based on the others around it, appears to be from around 1938. He had been a member of Sturm 1, 47th SS Standarte from Gera, Germany. His rank is given as Gefreiter so he must have joined (drafted?) the army. I think the document is an accounting of SS men from that regiment that had joined the Wehrmacht. He was a member of the 2 Kompanie, 1 Schuetzen Regt. posted in Gera. Perhaps this was a rifle regiment. Attached are copies of the top of the document and the portion with Horlitz. Finding this was truly a needle in the haystack.

What we hope to find tomorrow is a Rusha file on him if he applied to get married. These can sometimes provide a great deal of personal and career info as well as photos. I'll let you know what I find."

-- Sadly, I guess nothing came up on the Rusha search but I will now probably do some research on my own and see if I can dig up a picture or more of Herr Horlitz.

* SS No. 200 485
    * Robert Klaas manufacturer
    * District stamp III (Berlin)
    * No cracks or flaking on the handle, emblem and eagle are superb, much tighter fitting in the sheath than my other Robert Klaas, blade and motto appear to be in fine shape, and the ball in on the end is intact!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast