MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My Knife Collection

Article about: I have been collecting knives of various types and configurations since about the mid to late 70's. I have not photographed many of them but will do so to post them here. Since AZPhil said h

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    You've posted some really interesting knives.
    The Hobo knive is a new one for me. I've never seen one before.
    Thanks Greg!
    Always happy to enlighten other collectors.
    I have a "few" more.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Knife Collection
    P
    Many

Along the same vein as the hobo knife, here is a traveler's cutlery set.
    This set was manufactured in Germany. It has synthetic ivory handles.
    Possibly for a sales man, or someone that travels a lot and prefers to have their own cutlery.
    Ralph.

My Knife CollectionMy Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

The maker's mark on the fork has a double strike.

My Knife Collection
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't remember what these are technically called, but I call them flip folders.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

I call these slider folders.
    You pull out on the end of the handle, and the blade swings out.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

A few stag handled, multi blade, folders.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

Default Rudy Ruana

The older examples from this maker are some of the harder to find, and more desirable, of the custom makers.
    Rudy started making knives around 1938 in Bonner, Montana. He became a full time in maker 1952.

In 1964 Ruana’s son-in-law, Vic Hangas joined Rudy Ruana in the business. Hangas’ son Mark began working at the company in 1976. In 1983, Ruana retired at the age of 80 and sold the business to the Hangas family. In 1984 Mike Hangas joined his brother and Dad and the business was incorporated. Rudy Ruana passed away in April of 1986.
    Ruana Knives are still handcrafted in the U. S. A. with an emphasis on quality over quantity. While a few things have changed over the years, they are still using the same methods and much of the same equipment Rudy (their father-in-law/grandfather) used.

This one likely dates from around the mid 80's and unless you search them out, they do not show up very often, (especially around here).
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

Default The Christy Knife

The Christy Knife Company started business in 1889.
    In 1902 and 1910, fire ravaged the company but it was rebuilt both times.
    The 1906 invention of a single-edge safety razor saw the company through the material shortages of World War I.
    Following the war, Christy developed and patented a unique pocket knife with a retractable blade.
    The company is still owned, and run by the Christy family.
    Ralph.

The silver one was bought without the detent button, I bought the other one for dimensions to repair the silver one.
    There are four blade positions when sliding out the blade.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

Default Fleam

This name for handheld venipuncture devices first appears in Anglo-Saxon manuscripts around A.D. 1000. The name is most likely derived from phlebotome: phlebos, Greek for blood vessel and tome, meaning to cut. These instruments are the progression from the early use of fish teeth, sharpened stones, and thorns used to penetrate blood vessels. The earliest known examples are made of bronze with a myrtle-leaf shape to the blade. In the 17th and 18th centuries, the German Fliete and French flamettes were developed. These devices with their right-angle blades are the earliest forms of what collectors now refer to as the fleam.
    While there are reports of this type of instrument being used in humans, it is more likely that these were reserved for veterinary use, while the common thumb lancet was the instrument of choice for use in people. These instruments with their triangular-shaped blades were designed to be placed over the vein (most commonly the jugular or saphenous) and struck with a fleam stick.
    Mostly taken from Wikipedia.

This example was manufactured by Joseph Rogers & Sons, and has horn handles.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

This is an antique Farrier's knife, some examples go back as far as the Civil War.
    It has a hoof cleaning hook, a larger blade, a smaller blade, a corkscrew, an awl, tweezers, and a pick.
    This one was manufactured in Cardiff England.
    Did I mention I like stag!!!

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

A couple more machetes, I believe from Indonesia.
    One with a carved wood handle and scabbard, and one with a carved horn handle.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

These, I believe, are some form of lady's knives, from somewhere in the same region of the world.

My Knife Collection

Yes, I would think Indonesian.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast