Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection

Article about: Hello, I have picked up a few Medal Bars and single mounts over the years. I have one rule with medals with ribbons, I only try buy them if they are on bars or single mounted, I have made a

?

Thumbs up My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection

Hello,
    I have picked up a few Medal Bars and single mounts over the years. I have one rule with medals with ribbons, I only try buy them if they are on bars or single mounted, I have made a couple of exceptions with medal groupings, but at least for me mounted medals are the way to go.

Regards,
    Jody

First up are bars that feature the 1914 EK 2nd Class (I still need to find a non-combatant example):

Bar #1: A Frack bar (worn with the tuxedo at an angle that feature the Silesian Eagle 2nd Class-I love this bar)
    Bar #2: A single mounted 1914 EK 2nd Class
    Bar #3: A Bar which features the 2nd Class Order of the Zahringer Lion with Swords (one of my favorite Imperial awards)
    Bar #4: A Bar which features the Police 18 year service medal with a Luftschutz medal
    Bar #5: A Bavarian bar which features the Bavarian Military Service Cross 3rd Class with Crown and Swords
    Bar #6: A nice bar which features the Olympic Games Medal (given to me by my step dad-it came from his father)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection   My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  

My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection   My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  

My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection   My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  

Last edited by Jody; 06-02-2014 at 02:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up Medal Bars

Here are bars that feature the 1939 EK 2nd Class:

Bar #1: This is a rare medal bar mounted in the Austrian style (I obtained this bar in the mid 70's from a veteran).
    Bar #2: a nice 3 medal bar which features the Prague Castle Bar
    Bars #3 and #4: A single Mounted EK 2nd Class and an early bar which features a mint Schinkel EK 2nd Class and a solid bronze Westwall
    Bar #5: A Medal bar that came with a U-Boat grouping (it even has KM dark blue backing cloth).
    Bar #6: A nice little bar that features a rarer type of Sudetenland Medal with orange ribbon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection   My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  

Last edited by Jody; 06-02-2014 at 02:34 AM.

?

Thumbs up Medal Bars

Finally these bars are a mixed assortment:

Bars #1 and #2: Both Single parade munts of the 2nd Class with out and with swords. Both bars feature the pinkish ribbon.
    Bars #3 and #4: A 4 year Heer/KM Long Service and a rare little bar with the War Merit Medal (hard to find mounted)
    Bar #5: A rare bar which features the Police 8 Year Service Medal (the Police 8 year is the most difficult to find on a medal bar)
    Bar #6: A nice little veteran obtained bar that features the 25 year Police Service Medal (this was obtained from a 3rd US Inf. Division veteran).

Last edited by Jody; 06-02-2014 at 02:36 AM.

You have some very nice medal bars there Jody!
    One or two that I would not mind owning.
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice examples Jody !

Here are some of mine

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection  My Medal Bars and Single Mounted Medals Collection 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Nick,
    Very nice, do you collect anything Imperial?

Jody

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hi Nick,
    Very nice, do you collect anything Imperial?

Jody
    No Jody only TR stuff

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice bars, I have the same rule as you with medals, that they must be mounted either singly or on a bar.

?

Great collections guys.

That Silesian Eagle is a Eye popper! Very nice bar!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast