MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Article about: After being a member here at War Relics for exactly one year now I thought it was time to show a bit of my collection. Hereby some pics (made with my phone) from my modest Soviet ww2 Great P

Wow Marcel! I would certainly never say that your collection is modest.

I congratulate you. IMO it is a good idea that your display cabinet is black, because personally I think that the black background is the one in which the Soviet decorations and orders best contrast.

My incorrigible eye makes me see, right in front of your four ISAs, a double ribbon bar with one ribbon of permanence in the serivice and that of the Return of Memel Commemorative Medal.

Regards.
    Santi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot Santi. Compared to the many excellent collections here on the forum I have to say my own collection is still modest.

Yes, there's a Memel ribbon there. I can make a better pic tomorow of that one since I have no good photo of that one yet. I have quite a bit of German awards and insignia actually but my collecting focus shifted to Soviet, mainly because of the history of the awardees that can be found in the Russian archives. I just love it to put a name to an order or medal. Without they're just objects but with a name and face it is as if history comes back to life again

Incredible collection. Thanks for the eye candy!!! I also collect WW2 Soviet medals/badges.

An outstanding collection Marcel !

Beautifully presented and cared for.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

@ Santi: as promised better pics of the Memel ribbon bar. Hope the pics are good enough.

Best regards,
    Marcel

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collectionMy modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3