Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Skulls Of War

Article about: -- Code red, Warning this page is highly contagious. View images at your own risk. -- Since i was little my interested in skulls was big. History also played a huge part and was always curio

hvm
    ?

Very nice collection. I also like the display with the black and red. Great contrast this way.

You buy often from Russia? I often find the shipping a gamble.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Skulls Of War
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Thank you hvm, I think it turned out great as well!

No, I ordered something from Russia once. The shipping was one of the worst i have encountered so far. It took 2 months to arrive and the track & trace goes black after a while.

?

Very nice Marten, it will fill up quickly.

Dos
    ?

I have a few new acquisitions that i thought i should share. The first one is from my friend Aldo. He gave me a wonderful unexpected gift as a token of friendship. A few weeks back i got a message that i could retrieve a package that came in from overseas. Thinking it was something i had purchased from a militaria dealer. Walking back home i noticed the name and adress it came from and was confused.. I could not stop smiling after i had opened up the package. I am still very thankful for this generous gift

A Danziger 1st pattern SS TK was smiling upon me when i took it out of the box with a nicely written christmas card inside. I made a topic about this to thank Aldo, and in the hopes it would foster other good things here to happen on the forum in our community. A link to this tread is here: Danziger early christmas gift from my friend!

A few weeks later i received the package i was expecting. I got this M1/52 Deschler & Sohne SS TK for a great price and could not pass on it. It still displays very well even though it is missing the prongs on the back. Now i only need a minty example of this maker to satisfy my urge! Unfortunately the prices of skull insignia have gone up significantly and will have to wait with this since it is a lot of money to spent.

-Dos

My Skulls Of WarMy Skulls Of War

Dos
    ?

I've recently acquired a Waffen SS-TK tab. A Dachau variant that was probably a bringback by an US Veteran. It has some glue on it from being in a scrapbook and it has some writings on the back, Billy M - HR 301. I got it for a really nice price compared to the mint condition examples that are out there for sale!

I did make a thread about this piece before buying it: SS-TV Collar Tab

I liked the reply that jHAM made, "Quote" "Billy M brought those for show and tell. Homeroom #301. I never saw anything like that at my show and tell."

Also this grim looking totenkopf has entered my collection. A small specimen that is seen on the Freikorps - Wehrwolf. Very happy with it since it fits perfectly next to my Assmann Wehrwolf Tk.

For additional information and reference pictures you can see it in this thread that i made: Wehrwolf Totenkopf?

The last photo is next to my Assmann made Freikorps - Wehrwolf totenkopf. I wonder what the maker of the last acquired specimen is?

-Dos

My Skulls Of War

Dos,

What an incredible collection! I particularly like the sideward facing Spanish skull.

Thank you for sharing!

Regards,

Joel

Dos
    ?

Thank you Joel! The Spanish Lusitania Skull is one of my favorite for being so highly detailed. Please also look at the link on that post, Full of reference!

-Dos

Dos,

The Spanish Lusitania skulls have to be the most interesting skulls that Ive ever seen. Thank you for once again sharing them/link to us. If one was looking I would hate the ask the price!

Regards,

Joel

Dos
    ?

These men are wearing SS-TK Collar tabs. I don't think they are the Dachau made ones, since these cloth TK are positioned vertically on the collar. I don't know if it is possible, but can anyone tell from what division these men are? I think those are luger holsters on there belts and K98 pouches. To bad they are not wearing any special insignia or cuff bands. None the less a sharp photograph! I don't posses much knowledge on helmets, but i think these are early M35 DD SS helmets? Click to enlarge, Enjoy!

-Dos

My Skulls Of War

CBH
    ?

I’d say early war, no awards, not sure what SS-TV unit.
    Post May 1940, no unit number under the TK.
    Great photo, and I’d think apple green DD helmets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast