Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My Skulls Of War

Article about: -- Code red, Warning this page is highly contagious. View images at your own risk. -- Since i was little my interested in skulls was big. History also played a huge part and was always curio

Dos
    ?

A rather big update here. I've had little time to write this up and post it here in my collection page, but have found a moment now to do so. I have acquired some very nice items in the past few months. Starting off with a Descher type D.&.S.M Ges. Gesch. skull. Every collection needs a holy grail and this is probably mine now. These fine made insignia of my favorite maker don't come cheap unfortunately, but now that i have it displayed i look at it with pleasure every day. These pre-war D.&.S.M marked skulls are a bit smaller than their wartime examples. It's only noticeable when compared next to each other. The sutures and the teeth are a bit more detailed and pronounced compared to a regular M1/52. The nose cavity is also slightly bigger. Then you have the early prongs that don't have any disk beneath them what is seen more frequently on the later types. And lastly the RZM stamp that is within the jaw line. I've never seen such dark tarnished silver plated skull before!

Early Deschler D.&.S.M SS Totenkopf

My Skulls Of War

I made a bit of a gamble on these Braunschweiger Kriegervereins Abzeichen that turned out great in the end. I had good confidence about the purchase from this auction and this only got stronger when they arrived. Robin Lumsden helped me with authenticating these badges. He also has some of these awards in his own collection. I'm still trying to learn more about these pieces since there is not much documented about them. Feel free to share any information you might have on these finely detailed badges. I will also link the thread that i made with more detailed pictures and information.

Brunswick Veteran Badges With Skulls

My Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of War

This German propaganda poster against the Dutch Railway Strike in 1944 is a bit beaten up, but have given it a good frame with protective glass. I could not let it pass when i saw it come up for sale. A great piece of artwork with a dark message that still gives me the chills.. A link below is to the thread about this poster with more detailed pictures and the history behind it.

Death Propaganda Poster Against Dutch Railway Strike 1944.

-Dos

My Skulls Of War

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Skulls Of War
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

A small update to keep things in line. Purchased an early Danziger TK in good condition. Very happy with it since it is a nice upgrade in comparison to my other example in post #2. I noticed that i never posted any close up of my skull stickpins in this collection page. I really love these fine detailed pins, not many of them around these days.. My new SLR camera can focus a bit better than my smartphone that i previously used to make photos of my collection. Photos are clickable to zoom in, Enjoy!

-Dos

My Skulls Of WarMy Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of WarMy Skulls Of War

Dos
    ?

I've recently purchased a book from 1929 by author Sobbe, Fr. v. in Berlin. Das Braunschweigische Infanterie = Regt. Nr. 92 Im Weltkriege 1914/1918. I'm very happy to be able to read the old German writing without too much trouble. I've boosted my German in the past few months up until arrival to be able to read it easier. It tells the history behind this regiment and the stories from the men in this regiment and from the frontline encounters. It shows some of the generals, nco's and enlisted soldiers, some awards and with drawings of the places they have fought at. At the end of the book there are some detailed frontline maps from where they have been dug in. Also some general maps from the old country including the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany. The reading is slow, but i am taking my time to fully understand all of it. It's in relatively good shape with some minor wear and tear. A few photos from the book (You can click on them to zoom in):

My Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of War

I found some German gas marker flags at a local militaria dealer. These are quite common, but display great with my other skull related items. There are some different variations of skulls that are printed on the flags that look slightly different. They are called "Spürfähnchen" in German. The one from the first photo on the right side was already in my collection. A link to a thread that holds some more information and photos about these markers can be found here: Mine/Gas Flag

-Dos

My Skulls Of War

My Skulls Of War

Your book sounds like a great find. I would be very interested if it mentions
    "Gunther Clausen" I believe he joined IR92 in 1912 and may have served throughout the war.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Dos
    ?

Thanks Greg, The book holds a list of names from the men who served in this regiment. I will look into your name and try to find it. It will take me some time, but i will get back to you when I find something. If you have any more information about Gunther Clausen, please share it with me through pm as it helps with the search.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3