MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My Wound Badge Collection

Article about: Hello All I wanted to share with you my current collection of wound badges. This is an area that I particularly like, and I wanted to point out that i am currently looking for Godet and AWS

Indeed they are really similar !
    You are probably right.
    I love the patina of the first

Gaëtan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Wound Badge Collection
    P
    Many

?

Excellent collection Kelenfold.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank You

Gaëtan

Another that I have, labeled as "Assmann Design" as well.
    Although very similar to the Assmann manufactured one, it has a wider hinge, and a different catch.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

You've got some nice stuff there mate! Just be careful of the so-called Godet badges. These were originally classified as a type V badge in Hamelman's very dated wound badge book due to the helmet shape. There are several variations of these, and somewhere out in forum land somebody decided that they were made by Godet because they have a resemblance to the jeweller made pieces. This has not been proven, yet this info is still parrotted on several forums. Here is a thread from the HWMF forum in which you can see the aforementioned parrotting and a shot from a period Wilhelm Froese catalogue:

Two wound badges - German Empire: Orders, Awards & Decorations - Historical War Militaria Forum

Just something to bear in mind with these badges. Once again, nice stuff!

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    You've got some nice stuff there mate! Just be careful of the so-called Godet badges. These were originally classified as a type V badge in Hamelman's very dated wound badge book due to the helmet shape. There are several variations of these, and somewhere out in forum land somebody decided that they were made by Godet because they have a resemblance to the jeweller made pieces. This has not been proven, yet this info is still parrotted on several forums. Here is a thread from the HWMF forum in which you can see the aforementioned parrotting and a shot from a period Wilhelm Froese catalogue:

Two wound badges - German Empire: Orders, Awards & Decorations - Historical War Militaria Forum

Just something to bear in mind with these badges. Once again, nice stuff!

Regards
    Brett
    Hello and thank you for your message.
    I researched these badges from forum and had read this post before.
    With everything i could see i think i have the right research thread.
    Here are the captures i got (right here it seems) of what appear to be the real Godets.
    But also an example to differentiate them.
    I remain vigilant as much as possible and i never buy German decorations on a whim.
    The more we seek scarcity the more we go into a minefield ( especially on the german side )

Gaëtan

Exemple Godet

Difference ( thanks to whoever made this example )

?

Hello Gaetan, these are jeweller made examples. I was talking about the stamped steel and brass badges of which there are several variants. Put any one of these up on some forums and without fail someone will chime in with "Godet" regardless of whether it is or not.

Regards
    Brett

Very nice collection.
    Thanks for sharing.

john
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3