Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nasjonal Samling Collection

Article about: Evening! I thought some members might be interested in seeing some items from the collaborator Norwegian Nasjonal Samling party government of WWII. This stuff is fairly tough to find outside

?

Default Nasjonal Samling Collection

Evening!

I thought some members might be interested in seeing some items from the collaborator Norwegian Nasjonal Samling party government of WWII. This stuff is fairly tough to find outside of Norway, and even tougher to find information on in English. I also thought it would be interesting to watch this collection develop for me in the future, as I have only just started collecting this past October.

I was fortunate to spend Jan-Aug 2017 in Norway, and it really triggered my interest in their WWII history. I also collect items from the exiled government, but will limit this topic to NS-related.

Here is the small display I put together a couple weeks ago....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nasjonal Samling Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nasjonal Samling Collection
    P
    Many

?

This is the emblem of the Hirdsmarine, the NS Naval Force. It never got very large due to Germany's unwillingness to allow Norway control of its own waters. This patch was worn both on the sleeve and the cap.

?

This is a cap emblem of the Rikshird, the NS equivalent of the SA. The prongs on these were thin wire, and it's not unusual to find emblems with one or all of the pins missing. The sun cross in these were always painted, no enamel versions existed, however there are plenty of English-made fakes from the 70s with enamel emblems.

?

These are cap Ravens of the Youth organizations. Those without the painted sun cross were used by the Unghirdmarine, the youth naval organization. Those with the painted crosses were used by other youth branches. As with the Rikshird emblem, the pins were thin wire. These were also finished in a silver wash, which is more often than not largely absent.

I would be interested in trading the extras of these for other NS items, if anyone had any and was interested

?

On the flanks are a couple of Hirdmonstringen badges. These were essentially the NS version of Nuremberg rallies

In the center is a Verneidrett, or sports badge, in bronze. It originally would have had tabs on the rear for wear

?

And here is the last piece I currently have separately photographed...a GSSN sleeve Raven. The GSSN is rather interesting as it is an SS unit that technically fell under the Nasjonal Samling more than the SS...and never deployed as a unit to the front. However, a large amount of members did volunteer to serve in the various foreign legion units of the Waffen SS and fought on the Ost front. This particular patch is a German-made one, that was often sewn right over the typical German SS eagle that came on the sleeve from the factory

CBH
    ?

Great group of rare insignia , thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the pictures and descriptions.

?

What a great collection Brig ! It's grown since the last time you posted a few pictures. I particularly like the "Norsk-Tysk Selskap" elliptical stickpin. Any chance of taking closeup photo's of the pin ? I've only seen them in a book and like to see one in a real photograph for future reference. I'd eventually like to add one to my stick pins.
    Thanks, Al.

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    What a great collection Brig ! It's grown since the last time you posted a few pictures. I particularly like the "Norsk-Tysk Selskap" elliptical stickpin. Any chance of taking closeup photo's of the pin ? I've only seen them in a book and like to see one in a real photograph for future reference. I'd eventually like to add one to my stick pins.
    Thanks, Al.
    I will take some pictures of the stickpins here soon. I have another one or two enroute soon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast