Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937

Article about: One thing I've learned in collecting 3rd Reich Memorabilia is that you've got to look where others don't...In such a thoroughly-Militarized Society, Rare Memorabilia is often found by lookin

Default Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937

One thing I've learned in collecting 3rd Reich Memorabilia is that you've got to look where others don't...In such a thoroughly-Militarized Society, Rare Memorabilia is often found by looking outside of the Military-related categories and by delving into the Civilian Sphere...
    I stumbled upon this bound volume with 24 Issues of the "Die Brennessel" totally by accident not too long ago and at a very affordable price -$66 Total-..."The Burning Nettle" is packed with colorful -and crude- propaganda depictions and inflammatory text...Meant to be humorous in social/political ridicule, it's probably the most un-funny publication I've ever encountered, yet provides the Student of History with an uncomfortably visceral sense of the era's prevailing spirit...
    Here are a few random covers:
    -Glenn-Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937   Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937  

Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937   Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937  

Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937   Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Satire "Die Brennessel", 1937
    P
    Many