Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Show Your Braunschweig Skulls

Article about: I'm a big fan of the skull as a symbol in the military. I collect mostly Danziger and SS skulls but I also love the Brunswick skull. Post your Braunschweig Skulls individually, as part of a

Really nice.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show Your Braunschweig Skulls
    P
    Many

Got to admit Aldo, your ‘obsession’ is not normally my kind of thing but absolutely love this. Cannot help but admire your collection, the skulls in the display case are excellent. Really impressive.

Dos
    ?

I've recently bought a SLR camera. I am still learning how to make the best quality photo with a normal lens. I might go for a macro lens in the future, but the pictures so far are great in my opinion. I reached the max of what i could make with my smartphone camera and was not happy with the results that i got. The weather was cloudy here and had some spare time at the end of this day. I've recently purchased these Braunschweig Kriegervereins Abzeichen. A link below to the thread with additional information.

-Dos

Brunswick Veteran Badges With Skulls

Ps. Very nice Stuka f!

Nice skulls.
    A couple years ago I also bought a digital SLR. I do not like mine
    at all for taking close up shots of my collection. I much prefer
    my little 17 year old Nikon Coolpix digital. It has much better close-up abilities.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Dos
    ?

Thanks Greg,

Setting a SLR up with the right settings for that perfect shot at that moment has a big learning curve. Looking at those photos above..The only one that stands out IMO, is the single brunswick skull on the bottom. I bought a Nikon D7100 second hand in my neighborhood for a great deal with all the things that go with it. Even a sturdy tripod! Looking forward to make more The age of camera does not say anything about the quality of the picture taken!

Cheers,

-Dos

?

They look great! The lighting is perfect. I use an old Fuji Finepix digital for mine and sometimes the camera phone for larger photo's. The macro settings make all the difference in the world.

Al

?

Here is the latest addition for this thread....

Dos
    ?

Recently acquired a few new additions to my Braunschweig collection. The first one is a book called, Das Braunschweigische Infanterie Regt. Nr. 92 Im Weltkriege 1914 - 1918 published in 1929. It tells about the regiment and the places they have fought at. Complete with maps and 40 pages + of lists with names of higher ranked and honor rolls who served in this regiment. A very interesting read, but slow to it being in German. I'm looking forward to reading it in full and perhaps helping some members here with questions in general or about men who served in this regiment. Some more photos of this book can be seen here on the link below on post #23:

My Skulls Of War

On the other day, Aldo notified me of one Brunswick skull that was for sale in the US. Bought it while being on vacation lol. One variation that you don't see very often with the tilted eye cavities. One pin on the top has been repaired for sure, but looking at how it was done.. it could have been done in the period. It just looks similar to how they were originally attached. No excess solder or any other unprofessional and or modern used method. I really like this piece a lot and would like to thank my friend for this! It fits in perfect with all my other items that are Brunswick related. A few photos that are clickable for a zoomed view of the new additions together with my other related items.

-Dos

?

Marten, great additions! You have an excellent eye for spotting variants I'm not even aware of. BTW I bought a a skull on vacation too, there is no rest for the weary. Always on the hunt.
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

Thanks Aldo. Almost need to make a separate shelf for this to display it properly. In time, we will add more!

I did not feel at liberty to mention your new acquisition. That's the part that we enjoy both a lot. Even while it was bought walking back from the beach Not many people get to do that lol. Looking forward to seeing the new skull!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast