Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Show your mannequins!

Article about: My German artillery Oberlautnant (full mannequin) named Hans Wildner (It is a named tunic, hehe ).

Couple of displays I did a few of months back - Aust.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your mannequins!
    P
    Many

?

Very Nice Rene, Well Done.

Greg

TWS
    ?

Currently still have this guy in the middle of the uniform display. Was an opportunity to enjoy my Pionier-piped parade/dress breeches.

Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Studly View Post
    Very Nice Rene, Well Done.

Greg
    Cheers Greg Mate, Nice to read from ya again.

?

Not yet a full-fledged mannequin, but this is the best I can do for the moment: the upper half of an officer of the Royal Engineers landing on Gold Beach on 6 June 1944.

Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!

Hopefully you can tell me what I could do to make it look more authentic.

Regards,

Didier

?

Got my Artillery lieutenant uniform back on a Mannequin. It hasn't seen the light of day in about 8 months so I decided to rotate it back into the spotlight. I attached an EK1, PAB, and a Black wound badge. Let me know what you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your mannequins!  

Two adversaries. The Japanese mannequin is a work in progress
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Quote by Didier View Post
    Not yet a full-fledged mannequin, but this is the best I can do for the moment: the upper half of an officer of the Royal Engineers landing on Gold Beach on 6 June 1944.

Hopefully you can tell me what I could do to make it look more authentic.

Regards,

Didier
    Hi Didier, that is a tidy looking set of gear you have there. Just a small point regarding authenticity.
    If you intend to represent a soldier at the time of Op Overlord on Gold Beach 6 June 44 you should consider that the four campaign medals represented by those ribbons; the 1939-45 Star, France and Germany Star, Defence Medal and War Medal were instututed in 1945 so the ribbons wouldn't have been seen on uniforms in June '44.

On another note however, if these ribbons belong to that uniform originally the fact that the War Medal ribbon has the bronze oaklef (Mention in Dispatches / MID) might help with researching the original owner.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-23-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    Got my Artillery lieutenant uniform back on a Mannequin. It hasn't seen the light of day in about 8 months so I decided to rotate it back into the spotlight. I attached an EK1, PAB, and a Black wound badge. Let me know what you think
    I think an Algemeines Sturmabzeichen, (GAB), would be more appropriate for this guy than a PAB.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello Mark,

Yes, I know that the medal ribbons are post-war, but I have no intention of removing them, as they are no doubt original to the BD blouse.

From what I have been able to see here and there, most museums show either put together battledress uniforms or original ones, together with their end-of-war/post-war ribbons.

Unfortunately, I had to make do with what I could lay my hands on, which was not much, as you can imagine! Here is what my half-mannequin looks like at the moment:

Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!

I have found a pair of Dutch BD trousers to go with the blouse, for lack of a better option.

Regards,

Didier

Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast