Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Swiss Jacket M70

Article about: Here's an example with a grey brown dominant background colour '80 manufactured - see difference with the helmet cover background colour. Must say these are a real hard core jacket! more so

Default Swiss Jacket M70

Here's an example with a grey brown dominant background colour '80 manufactured - see difference with the helmet cover background colour.

Must say these are a real hard core jacket! more so than any other design in my camo collection.

Note the "riri" zipper (you TR collectors will be familiar with) and the oddball elbow reinforcement - part gloss, part not!!! not like the Swiss!!

How many camo patterns out there that incorporate 7 colours?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swiss Jacket M70
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The camo is so "good" I can't even make out the details (pockets, etc.) on the jacket itself! LoL

Definitely 80's hi fashion.

But a nice jacket!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've seen these but assumed they were Art School-dyed or similar....'hadn't appreciated there were variants of the four fruit pyjamas! I've seen part "gloss" trousers too....very strange cloth combo

They are heavy duty mate. I've got one as well, mainly as it's an interesting descendant of the SS Liebermuster camouflage pattern. The Bundeswehr in 1955 briefly brought it back as a trial in the European Army Project (EVG) but later it was rejected. Below is example of the prototype EVG jacket

Swiss Jacket M70

And the original Liebermuster 1945 tunic

Swiss Jacket M70

The Swiss knew a good camo pattern when they saw it, and the rest is history. In landscapes with distinctive autumn colours it seems very effective but I understand the red also was a nod to the red brick colours of the urban battlefield in 1945.

Cheers Guys,

Here's another colour comparison.

Good 'ol Mo photo bombed again!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-22-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    They are heavy duty mate. I've got one as well, mainly as it's an interesting descendant of the SS Liebermuster camouflage pattern. The Bundeswehr in 1955 briefly brought it back as a trial in the European Army Project (EVG) but later it was rejected. Below is example of the prototype EVG jacket

And the original Liebermuster 1945 tunic

The Swiss knew a good camo pattern when they saw it, and the rest is history. In landscapes with distinctive autumn colours it seems very effective but I understand the red also was a nod to the red brick colours of the urban battlefield in 1945.
    Hey Anderson,
    Give us a looksy of yours when you can?

I will, but it's in storage at present. From memory it's a 1970's model. But I do have the light weight TAZ83 jacket handy, which I wear sometimes. Seems to be dated 1987. The heavy original jacket, as shown above was the TAZ57/70. I'll post some pics of the light weight one first.

As mentioned some pictures of my TAZ83 lightweight jacket and trousers.

Swiss Jacket M70Swiss Jacket M70Swiss Jacket M70Swiss Jacket M70

The Swiss have updated the pattern further and there is a TAZ90 revision.

Great to see Thank You Anderson

Extra shots of the two patterns, they are both markedly different. Left '71, right '80 made.

If you have examples, please post them up.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-31-2019 at 04:10 AM. Reason: added pic

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast