Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Ugly War Rooms?

Article about: Like many of you, I am literally out of space to display. To the point that every nook and cranny in my war room is filled. My collection has also spilled over to other rooms much to my wife

TWS
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Collections always look great at the start...5,6 pieces, glass shelving, subtle and clever lights, perhaps a flag or a poster next to it..we see them every week here as Newbies share shots of "my collection"....but they grow....hideously....mutating...letting bizarre bits in...BIG bits.....bits you cant refuse...and then the shacking starts....piled-high....balancing precariously on each other...a once simple, sterile beautiful presentation morphs into a frighteningly unbalanced avalanche risk where nothing is totally/singularly visible....a I-know-it's-in-there-somewhere pile...and perhaps even a I-THOUGHT-it was-in-there-somewhere pile.....a mass which angers partners...a mass which fails to present your pieces as well as they used to be shown....a mass, a hungry demanding mass which MUST be added to.........

...great isn't it?! :-)
    The last time my collection could be laid out nicely was in the 1980's.

Now, getting things in and out of the closet is like playing a game of Tetris. If I take too many boxes out I have to remember exactly how they all fit before I can put them away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ugly War Rooms?
    P
    Many

I would love to know if anyone fitted out an entire room.....with consistent shelving / racking / cabinets when they only had their first item.....planning for growth.....

?

I would love to know if anyone fitted out an entire room.....with consistent shelving / racking / cabinets when they only had their first item.....planning for growth.....
    My Cabinets costed me dearly but they help organize the mess and give some semblance of structure. Heavy and sound glass. The mirrored backs don't help the visual but sure makes me think I have twice as many edged daggers and swords. With a few cocktails I really feel good.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by TWS View Post
    Now, getting things in and out of the closet is like playing a game of Tetris. If I take too many boxes out I have to remember exactly how they all fit before I can put them away.
    Oh, how I know that feeling.
    I've got a box of bayonets somewhere in my closet that I have not seen
    in maybe 15 years.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Part of one room.....it has spread into much of the house with lots also in storage in an attic room.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ugly War Rooms?   Ugly War Rooms?  

Ugly War Rooms?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My wife complains about the knife cabinet that hangs on our
    bedroom. I told her it was there before she moved in and that she
    has to live with it. She's changed most everything in the house but that cabinet stays.
    I also have a couple small shelves in our TV cabinet but don't display any TR or weapons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ugly War Rooms?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ugly War Rooms? 
    Last edited by Chopperman; 09-15-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    My wife complains about the knife cabinet that hangs on our
    bedroom war. I told her it was there before she moved in and that she
    has to live with it. She's changed most everything in the house but that cabinet stays.
    I also have a couple small shelves in our TV cabinet but don't display any TR or weapons.
    Stand your ground Greg!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Part of one room.....it has spread into much of the house with lots also in storage in an attic room.
    Ahhh...the creep! Same here. I have my War Room, part of the boys Study/Computer room, stuff in the living room and a few helmets in my boys bedroom. My research books are piled high on my computer desk

I didn't do it from the beginning but I do have agreed upon plans with my wife to move it all into a custom designed War Room down the basement with built in cabinets, shelving and climate control once we renovate the house in a few years. She gets her living room and closet back and my boys won't have to share a bedroom anymore
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Stand your ground Greg!

Ahhh...the creep! Same here. I have my War Room, part of the boys Study/Computer room, tuff in the living room and a few helmets in my boys bedroom. My research books are piled high on my computer desk

I didn't do it from the beginning but I do have agreed upon plans with my wife to move it all into a custom designed War Room down the basement with built in cabinets, shelving and climate control once we renovate the house in a few years. She gets her living room and closet back and my boys won't have to share a bedroom anymore
    And you got a tractor.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    And you got a tractor.
    Oh yeah. You got that Right!....and FINALLY getting to try it out this coming weekend.

Ugly War Rooms?

And just bought this tooth bar! Got to clear a few acres of brush and saplings so we can plant some clover for the deer!

Ugly War Rooms?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default An entertainment center worthy of this forum ;-)

Greetings Michael,

I too celebrate the used (dumpster dived) Ikea's cubbies. How better to view a war movie/military documentary? Night effect achieved using blue colored LED lighting strips.

Best,

Lance

Double click image to enlarge

Ugly War Rooms?

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast