Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

uniform displays

Article about: Due to the constraints of my war room ive decided to keep it for headgear displays only,i havent the room for mannequins but have built a full standing display to throw my uniforms on as and

?

Great set up James the flight Suit looks Very Nice.
    Cheers
    Greg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement uniform displays
    P
    Many

Former Yugoslavian green Tiger stripe ,the Serbian M59/85 has some interesting markings including SS type Runes scratched into the shell paintwork ,the liner string has been field modified from a wound dressing section uniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Regards James

1970's period Rhodesian Brushstroke camouflage pattern in use up until 1980 uniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Regards James

Just to say many thanks to AZPhil for the period bumper sticker from 1984 to compliment my display ,very kind of you Phil uniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Regards James

?

I'm glad it arrived without any damage. It took a bit to find an envelope to fit that length.
    I have to say that it was rather quick from Post office to your door.
    Not like sending stuff to Rene'

Anybody with that much dedication to the Terminator deserves it.

I'll add that I got these when the original movie premiered at the Marine Base theater in 1984. I also got some posters and a set of the gargoyle sunglasses that were promotional gifts given out. I just happened to be running the theater at the time. All the leftover's went home with me!!!

It was my pleasure James and I'm glad you enjoy it.
    Take Care and Stay Safe.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 03-14-2021 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Thank you again for your kindness Phil and interesting to read how these items came into your possession what with the premiere of the original film on base ,you sure have looked after this time warp condition bumper sticker well considering it is around 37 years old and so i will do the same ,perhaps the best way will be to find a suitable frame
    All the best ,James
    Regards James

Greek Cypriot National guard are the military force of the Republic of Cyprus formed after the Cyprus crisis of 1963 .This uniform is manufactured of a rip stop material circa 2000's the jacket is the second model type as the national shield is incorporated into the camo design ,the earlier trousers have no shield presentuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Greek Cypriot National guard are the military force of the Republic of Cyprus formed after the Cyprus crisis of 1963 .This uniform is manufactured of a rip stop material circa 2000's the jacket is the second model type as the national shield is incorporated into the camo design ,the earlier trousers have no shield presentuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Nice display James Looks a lot different than the GCNG I recall from my time in Cyprus when they were so security conscious that just getting hold of a cap badge was like a James Bond mission.

Of course for completeness, your next mission (should you choose to accept it ) will be to set up a similar display for the KTBK (Cyprus Turkish Peace Force) of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (formerly The Turkish Federated State of Cyprus 1975 - 83) which still exists and is recognised only by Turkey. This is why the UNFICYP force is still present even though most people seem to think that the island is all one again!

Getting that job done will probably be as difficult as the Cyprus problem itself!!

Good luck

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark for the kind words, . Myself and the wife were married in Cyprus back in 1999 and can recall taking a tour bus to the UN green line buffer zone back then ,we have returned a few times since mostly to tie in with the anniversary and fingers crossed in this current climate as you never know hope to return for my 50th birthday later on this year which also falls a few days apart from our anniversary .A Turkish display would be a great idea if possible and ideally would love to own a set of the earlier blue /green Aegean spot camouflage but have found that these BDU's command some really good prices and available only from sellers based in Turkey ,i have seen reference pictures that show this camo in use during the 1974 invasion but mostly seen in use as helmet covers only ,a few years back. I was lucky enough to find a poncho in the Aegean spot design which had green spot colourways reversible to white which i believe were issued for use in mountain regions
    Regards James

Royal Green Jackets UN Issue Brasard From 1970 which used by a member of 3RGJ while On his Tour Of Cyprusuniform displaysuniform displays
    Regards James

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast