Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your first collection item

Article about: Collecting Peers, It would be great to hear and see what your first item you ever collected was. How did you get into collecting and what made your passion start. Please share your first ite

My first piece of militaria ( German ) was actually a DUD!!

This fake TENO/LUFT abomination of a buckle that me ( as a teenager ) seemed to think was legitimate...oh foolish lad

Your first collection item Your first collection item

Sorry to offend your eyes ...

I've kept it all these years to remind myself to always be careful....

Cheers,Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your first collection item
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    My first piece of militaria ( German ) was actually a DUD!!

This fake TENO/LUFT abomination of a buckle that me ( as a teenager ) seemed to think was legitimate...oh foolish lad

Your first collection item Your first collection item

Sorry to offend your eyes ...

I've kept it all these years to remind myself to always be careful....

Cheers,Dan
    Thanks Dan, Sage wisdom and advice. Cheers! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

In 1999, when I started my first “real” job, a colleague at work told me that he collected militaria and showed me websites where you could actually buy “real” helmets! At the time I couldn’t believe it. I thought those sorts of things were only held in museums or the collections of the very rich (….some still are . With the internet still in its infancy, it was a nervous wait over a number of weeks after placing an order with a dealer called George John’s Militaria. But sure enough a nice original steel banded BF64 M16 arrived in the mail! I was hooked.

But perhaps too hooked. After the initial success, I then went on to add a fake SA dagger complete with plastic handle. The seller told me the German army had to use Bakelite as wood was in short supply! Hook, line and sinker…..Next pick up a dubious M42. Quite soon, other expenses came up and I put the M16 into a box in the closet. And that was it - my short collecting period 1999-1999

Fast forward to late 2016 and I’d just returned to work after taking 3.5 months leave after major surgery, when another colleague brought in a relic M42. The bug bit again, but this time even harder. This time I had more money and I had this forum! Since then, it’s been a great hobby, super interesting and I’ve made some good friends all of the world! It’s become a part of my day! Oh, and I still have that little M16! Now out of its box in the closet and proudly on display.

Andy

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    In 1999, when I started my first “real” job, a colleague at work told me that he collected militaria and showed me websites where you could actually buy “real” helmets! At the time I couldn’t believe it. I thought those sorts of things were only held in museums or the collections of the very rich (….some still are . With the internet still in its infancy, it was a nervous wait over a number of weeks after placing an order with a dealer called George John’s Militaria. But sure enough a nice original steel banded BF64 M16 arrived in the mail! I was hooked.

But perhaps too hooked. After the initial success, I then went on to add a fake SA dagger complete with plastic handle. The seller told me the German army had to use Bakelite as wood was in short supply! Hook, line and sinker…..Next pick up a dubious M42. Quite soon, other expenses came up and I put the M16 into a box in the closet. And that was it - my short collecting period 1999-1999

Fast forward to late 2016 and I’d just returned to work after taking 3.5 months leave after major surgery, when another colleague brought in a relic M42. The bug bit again, but this time even harder. This time I had more money and I had this forum! Since then, it’s been a great hobby, super interesting and I’ve made some good friends all of the world! It’s become a part of my day! Oh, and I still have that little M16! Now out of its box in the closet and proudly on display.

Andy
    Thanks Andy for your friendship and also for being a great member of the WRF. It is great to hear your story.

?

Hello guys,
    This is a nice topic for...
    Here is the German field post number...
    At the beginning of the 1980s, I, a young man of 15, was able to marvel at my great-grandfather's hidden things at my great-grandmother's house. He served in the Imperial Navy (infantry)(1st Sailor Division) in the Great War 1914-1918 and fought in Flanders. He received the Iron Cross 2nd class there, was wounded in the hand (wounded badge - black).. And came home alive.
    Joined the SA and survived this war as a civilian. Then died in the GDR in 1969.
    When the Russian came, his things (see picture) were packed in a document bag (made by him during the war) and hidden well in the house.
    At the end of the 1980s I got it from my grandmother as a souvenir and have treasured it ever since...These were my first pieces for the collection and at the same time the most valuable (despite the used condition) for me and they will remain so

Greetings
    kabl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your first collection item   Your first collection item  

?

Awesome story Kabl. So great to have the family artifacts. I have my grandfather's korean US Ike uniform. So important to cherish the family history.

Tim

?

Quote by kabl View Post
    Hello guys,
    This is a nice topic for...
    Here is the German field post number...
    At the beginning of the 1980s, I, a young man of 15, was able to marvel at my great-grandfather's hidden things at my great-grandmother's house. He served in the Imperial Navy (infantry)(1st Sailor Division) in the Great War 1914-1918 and fought in Flanders. He received the Iron Cross 2nd class there, was wounded in the hand (wounded badge - black).. And came home alive.
    Joined the SA and survived this war as a civilian. Then died in the GDR in 1969.
    When the Russian came, his things (see picture) were packed in a document bag (made by him during the war) and hidden well in the house.
    At the end of the 1980s I got it from my grandmother as a souvenir and have treasured it ever since...These were my first pieces for the collection and at the same time the most valuable (despite the used condition) for me and they will remain so

Greetings
    kabl
    Thank you Kabl for posting this. Very cool and really is important to keep the family legacy alive. Cheers!

?

Thanks for the flowers..
    Some pictures and documents were also included.
    You allow... My ancestors...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your first collection item   Your first collection item  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2