Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

garrett pin pointer

Article about: Hi guys,im off to Italy again in september,i was thinking of getting a Garrett pointer,just to wave over the surface really. How far do these pin pointer signals go down into the earth? I no

?

Classic!!!!!

I've a detector myself recently and I was looking at gettiing a pinpointer but this thread has thrown me off!

Well I bought a Noktar ( turkish) pin pointer ~

Multiple settings ~ waterproof and a reasonable price plus two warranty ~ Took a little getting used to but it works a Ripper ~

My Garrett lives in the bottom of my ( 60 litre) kit box ~ Pulled it apart but that achieved stuff all !

Default Pinpointed advice

Quote by mousehead View Post
    I've a detector myself recently and I was looking at gettiing a pinpointer but this thread has thrown me off!
    Hi Mousehead. I would always recommend using a pinpointer. It saves a huge amount of time especially if you are doing general detecting as you never know what you are looking for as you dig. Sometimes it can be the smallest of things. I have been using a Minelab now for about 5 years. It's not the cheapest but you do get what you pay for. It's extremely easy to use and fast. I won't go into the details here. I also have a 'Makro' pointer which I bought to try something different and for a back up. Both from Joan Allen electrics. Makro model is a good price £80 and comes with many extras though not as fast/simple to use as buttons are on the end of the handle (my personal view only) but for ease of use I would go for the Minelab pro find. It's worth the extra over the Makro because it was £139 but is now on offer (joan Allen) for £95!!! I have had to return one Minelab over the years, which they kindly replaced under warranty so I can't fault their service. Good for advice too. Hope this helps, if you want more in depth let me know. Happy detecting. Kind regards, Francis.
    Ps. Once you use a pinpointer in your searches, you won't want to be without one, seriously. 👍😉

Agree its a useful peice of kit to have, especially when locating small items. But dome people think you can go hunting with nothing but one of them. You need a detector, permission, pro pointer or similar.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Agree its a useful peice of kit to have, especially when locating small items. But dome people think you can go hunting with nothing but one of them. You need a detector, permission, pro pointer or similar.
    Yes. Of course, always permission. I like the way you slipped that in there. Sturdy boots useful too. I do not recommend flip flops. 😉👍🏻 Ps is that 'dum' or 'some'? Lol

Quote by francis View Post
    ...is that 'dum' or 'some'? Lol
    Uh. Both probably.

prowen
    ?

Default re

Different type of pin pointer has different detecting ability.
    The distance is different.
    If you don't need a powerful pin pointer ,just buy a cheap pin pointer metal detector, which is enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3