Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How should I go about doing this? My future in Archaeology?

Article about: Hi everyone I'm Harvey and 15 y/o, My dream is to become a battlefield archaeologist in Estonia or Latvia, anywhere really where a battle was fought during WW2 or WW1. I love history and it

When I said Eastern Europe, I didn't want to seem like some grave robbing nut job, the best part would be giving the items found to the museums, however, are you allowed to take some stuff home, because I'm sure museums get sick of 76mm Tank shell casings after they've hit a few thousand?

And can you really dig in Belgium, I'd want that even more than Eastern Europe! As I thought it was illegal, or is that just for people picking stuff off the battlefield.

And Jerrym I'm not the most aesthetically pleasing so relationship wise I'm not bothered haha. But there is a lot to think about!

?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Oh my god, thank you Steve,met hats really helped me!
    I know exactly what to do now. I've always liked history but there's not many jobs for it, now I wouldn't be a teacher as the kids would get on my tits, and a tour guide, well I'm not clever enough basiclally!
    You seem like a very intelligent young man.
    Never rule out being a teacher.
    As you learn your trade also learn to network with organizations that need your skills. There are many.
    Never sell your self short lad. You are smart enough to ask for advice which means you do have the ability to achieve your dreams.

Cheers Steve, that's given me a boost mate! I suppose being a teacher could help, but for that I'd also need a degree in History and I'm not sure if I could do both Archae and History and still be able to survive?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    When I said Eastern Europe, I didn't want to seem like some grave robbing nut job, the best part would be giving the items found to the museums, however, are you allowed to take some stuff home, because I'm sure museums get sick of 76mm Tank shell casings after they've hit a few thousand?

And can you really dig in Belgium, I'd want that even more than Eastern Europe! As I thought it was illegal, or is that just for people picking stuff off the battlefield.

And Jerrym I'm not the most aesthetically pleasing so relationship wise I'm not bothered haha. But there is a lot to think about!
    There is a group that does volunteer digs on the western front in Belgium and that area, No mans land which I think are still active

https://digital1418.wordpress.com/20...r-archaeology/ check this for links

also some history of the subject here

The Post Hole
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'll check em out mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2