Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal detecting in Norway ??

Article about: Hej Im a kiwi dive instructor living in Stavanger, Norway. Iv been in Norway for over 9 months now and looking for a buddy to go out metal detecting with on both land and sea , Iv got a sea

Default Metal detecting in Norway ??

Hej
    Im a kiwi dive instructor living in Stavanger, Norway.
    Iv been in Norway for over 9 months now and looking for a buddy to go out metal detecting with on both land and sea , Iv got a sea HunterII so she is water proof until 40m deep.
    With a very keen interest in aviation and wrecks
    Im based in Stavanger but if anyone is coming here or planning some trip in the South/West of the country this summer for a scratch around it would be great to get intouch and maybe we can meet up.
    Cheers guys
    MISH

?

Default Re: Metal detecting in Norway ??

If you come over to Haugesund where i stay, i can show you a couple of small coastalfortresses here. But I leave norway for some time on the 3th of june. To bad i didnt know you were here before.

Oh man to late, the weather has been nothing short of CRAP the passed 4 months an has only just become ok again.
    I will be here until late August so if you get back by then let me know and maybe we can go out for hunt around.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Best regards and safe travels

went to a local hill where I found some interesting stuff.
    War time stuff would have been the 7.62 bullet marked
    P= Polte Armaturen-u. Maschinenfabrik A.G., Werk Magdeburg, Sachsen (aux)
    The S* means that it's a brass case 1934
    A German snuff can
    German army Issued Sardine cans from the occupied Norwegian factory
    and this odd brass pin
    Can anyone help wiht what it could be ???
    Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??Metal detecting in Norway ??

Default Same can found in Blue Ridge Mountains of virginia

Hey. I was detecting today in some ridges where civil war relics have been found. I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures on here, or I would-but it was 4" down (just under the layer of forest floor) with same words and the number "401" in the middle. The top is still connected with the twist pin and cover wrapped around it. I hope somebody replies to this post because I found a button nearby which indicated early 1800s

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. I think, as referred to in post #4 that this is a Norwegian sardine can.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, I pretty much figured that by the marking which said 'norway.' I know there has been significant evidence of wwII POW's here in the United states/virginia, but was wondering if anyone credible could tell me if this pointed to that fact, or whether the can could be easily found at a local grocery store to this day and dropped by a careless dead fish eating fool. Thanks for any information.

MAP
    ?

I go with the later. Given that the can has Norway spelled two different ways leads me to believe that it was also exported and thus could have be purchased locally. Further, is there a known POW camp in the area? But even if there was one I doubt they would have allowed a POW to pack his own lunch on the cruise over.

But feel free to see if there are credible sources out there ☺
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Dont forget the huge amount of norwegian people resettled in the US. They had own shops selling them products made back in Norway.
    Sardines was also a big export article.

Keep on detecting, remember: 99% garbage, 0,5% interesting stuff 0,5% valuable treasure.