Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Metal Detecting Finds

Article about: Hi guy I would like to show you a very small portion of my metal detecting finds in Bulgaria Hope you enjoy them has much has I do

Thumbs up

You're right ! It's from a Martini action, and my piece is from a Martini-Enfield .303 conversion. I've only had to wait nearly 50 years to identify it

Coincidentally, the junkshop where I found it was just a couple of miles from the old RSAF at Enfield.......

Better late than never

The 3 ring cast black powder bullets are from around the 1860s, at least that what i read when looking into it.

My Metal Detecting Finds

Thanks so all my bullets will date around the Russo-Turkish War 1877-78 All found in fields in Bulgaria

Well if you found so many in one area i would say could only be linked to an event unless was some sort of range

Yes was found in a few fields quite close to each other where there was battles

I only found isolated one so maybe was from singular action or used in hunting..... Any old find is great to me

All the bullets was found over a 3 year period

?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Most interesting - I have an identical item to the object in your 3rd & 4th photos.....

Attachment 942103

Attachment 942104

The markings are '2.P.' with crossed pennants, 'W.D. 303' with Broad Arrow, '74E' beneath Kings Crown.

I bought it in a junk shop in the mid-1960s and have never researched it. The machining is of good quality and somehow I've always assumed that it's part of a Bren mechanism. If that is the case, I wonder if yours - with its very minor differences, could be from a Czech ZB26 ?
    The give-away to this being from a Martini-Henry are the markings. E.g., the crowned number over an 'E' is an Enfield inspector's mark.

Trajan

?

Quote by king kong View Post
    Hi guy I would like to show you a very small portion of my metal detecting finds in Bulgaria

Hope you enjoy them has much has I do
    Hi, do any of the Peabody-Martini cartridges have markings?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2