Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Playing with live hand grenades.

Article about: This is ******* from YouTube. Hes a British metal detectorist in Germany. Check him out, hes really funny and also finds some interesting things now and again. Mostly I just watch his videos

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    As you say still not funny,but how do you know the grenade was safe???, its a 70yr old piece of ordnance that has corrosion all round including the pin, the way he was handling it was stupidity in itself, there were and are no guarantees of stability in old ordnance,also his flippant attitude towards any personal injury also reflects on numerous other people connected with him directly and indirectly, that's like someone saying 'I'm going to jump under a train because I want to kill myself' what about the poor bugger driving the train, the police who have to walk for two miles picking pieces up along the track, this guy is a selfish ignorant moron and has less sense than Forrest Gump and gives the real detectorist a bad press
    Yes of course I can't know, I did not mean to defend him. I just thought there was a big difference if he really was throwing what he actually thought was a live grenade. That would make him stupid beyond any boundaries. Now he's just an ignorant dumbass handling these things at all. Safe or not he, as you said, brings very bad publicity to other serious diggers and endangers others.

?

You lot do know he never pulled the pin or threw it so stop making stuff up.

Quote by Brutus View Post
    You lot do know he never pulled the pin or threw it so stop making stuff up.
    How do you know he didn't, there are sounds very much like something landing after being thrown. It doesn't really matter if he did or didn't, he's not really doing much for the credibility of metal detectorists. I find it almost as bad when he finds a machine gun, with magazine fitted and proceeds to point it at the person behind the camera whilst making stupid noises. Not a very good example to set to others, there was a child killed in the UK about 8 years back because his friend found a gun in a bag which had been dumped after a robbery. The friend pointed it at another kid and pulled the trigger, the boy had no idea about guns, had he known never to point one in gest, perhaps another life would have been saved. This guy really should see what happens in 'real life' when things like that go wrong. He wouldn't do it again.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    How do you know he didn't, there are sounds very much like something landing after being thrown. It doesn't really matter if he did or didn't, he's not really doing much for the credibility of metal detectorists. I find it almost as bad when he finds a machine gun, with magazine fitted and proceeds to point it at the person behind the camera whilst making stupid noises. Not a very good example to set to others, there was a child killed in the UK about 8 years back because his friend found a gun in a bag which had been dumped after a robbery. The friend pointed it at another kid and pulled the trigger, the boy had no idea about guns, had he known never to point one in gest, perhaps another life would have been saved. This guy really should see what happens in 'real life' when things like that go wrong. He wouldn't do it again.
    In the video with the gun he was alone and he put the camera on a tree to film himself which is quit obvious so again stop making stuff up. But yes I understand what you mean and I'm not defending this muppet.

Quote by davejb View Post
    the police who have to walk for two miles picking pieces up along the track
    Sod that Dave, if I was that copper I'd just make sure I took along a couple of canine colleagues and kept my eyes on the horizon.

Couldn't find anything Sarge.

I have not seen these vids but he sounds like a waste of air.

Quote by Brutus View Post
    In the video with the gun he was alone and he put the camera on a tree to film himself which is quit obvious so again stop making stuff up. But yes I understand what you mean and I'm not defending this muppet.
    Unless the tree is female, can pan the camera around and can operate the zoom, he isn't alone, so I'm most certainly not making stuff up.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Unless the tree is female, can pan the camera around and can operate the zoom, he isn't alone, so I'm most certainly not making stuff up.
    There you go again! I've just watched the video And the camera doesn't pan or zoom! Your just making stuff up! You can even see the side of the tree its placed on! XD

Is this what we have come to....??? An argument on the camera operating skills of a f****** tree....???

Anyone else vote for closing this, yet another s***e thread, as silly season on WRF just keeps...on...truckin'???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Is this what we have come to....??? The camera operating skills of a f****** tree....???

Anyone else vote for closing this, yet another s***e thread, as silly season on WRF just keeps...on...truckin'???
    Playing with live hand grenades.

Done. I had left it open for the airing of views. Enough have been expressed now, and it has deteriorated rather.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3