Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

tips

Article about: Hi Guys, i just bought a garrett ace 250 , i went out with it for the 1st time on sunday for an hour and found 62 pence, and plenty of ring pulls and tin cans, any tips on detecting would be

Default Re: tips

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Did you have much of a problem with nails etc.?
    Oh yeah! at first I was getting all kinds of signals and pulling out a bunch of junk like nails and pulltabs. Then I learned how to play around with the sensitivity and descrimination. You eventually get the "feel" for the way something gives off a signal. Unfortunately with my Ace 150 the maximum depthness that registers on my display is up to 6 or 8 inches. If the signal goes over that then you do not really know how deep something is. I once made a hole in my back yard in New York that was about a meter deep and still had a signal. I finally got fed up and quit but not before findind a small piece of a plate with an actual date on it. I believe it was dated in the mid 1800s. Let me see if I can find it so I can post a pic. Cheers, Raul

Oh and by the way. I used to live in the oldest part of NY (Staten Island)which was first a Dutch colony and then an English colony.

That plate sounds pretty good. There's a lot of history under there.I used to go into the City yrs. ago. The Village,China town and the rest. I also used to go to oldies concerts at a music hall.(academy of music?) Been a while, I forget. More dangerous now. Look forward to the plate photo!

benjamin
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I would give some guide of detectors which would be better for relics hunting, beginning with cheaper, but not such a nice- good for nowice detecting
    1.)Fisher CZ 3 D, easy to use and good detector, even for professionals like Robocop
    Fisher CZ-3D Metal Detector Products - Kellyco Metal Detectors

2)Minelab Sovereign GT Metal DetectorA little bit freakaish but nice detector for relic hunting, but I will give my vote for first if I'am choosing from both of them, but it's my taste
    Minelab Sovereign GT Metal Detector at Kellyco Metal Detectors

3)Minelab X-terra 70 Pro Metal Detector
    approx the same as previous
    Minelab X-terra 70 Pro Metal Detector products - Kellyco Metal Detectors

4)Fisher CZ 21 I don't try that but by his look -promised to find a lot of stuff Fisher CZ-21 Metal Detector Products - Kellyco Metal Detectors

5) Fisher Pulse X8 or X6. I suggest to buy this one!!! Absolutely other system of detecting, more deep, and clear JW Fisher Pulse 8X Metal Detector - Kellyco Metal Detectors

6) My dream eXp 5000
    OKM eXp 5000 Metal Detector products - Kellyco Metal Detectors
    I have a number of people say the Cscope 990XD and Garrett 250
    are good for first time buys what do you think? In terms of price ,ease of use, effectiveness?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3