Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German Buttons?

Article about: I'm pretty sure that the pebbled button came off a German Tunic. But not sure what the other plain aluminum button came off from. Anyone have a good guess? Thanks for looking and HH.

Default WWII German Buttons?

I'm pretty sure that the pebbled button came off a German Tunic. But not sure what the other plain aluminum button came off from. Anyone have a good guess?

Thanks for looking and HH.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Buttons?   WWII German Buttons?  

ian
    ?

Default Re: WWII German Buttons?

dont know about the buttons , but i do know bitburger beer very well ,so does my liver,lol ,cheers ian

Ja, nothing is quite like a good ole ice cold Bitburger.

ian
    ?

bitter ein bit , wel we went of subject a bit there ,i hope some one can help with those buttons ,cheers ian

HVK
    ?

I do not know what the thin button is from - perhaps a late war jacket ? It could also be buttons from zeltbahn: http://www.1944militaria.com/zelt_button_new.jpg

But I have found a lot of them in German positions - so I do think they are German WW2 buttons...

This is a German button this one was use in both great wars in many items so you cant tell what is was use for .But still a war relic.

Hey

The button on the left is called a 'pebble' button and is definitely only used on German uniforms. This type of pattern was only used by the German forces.

The other button is far more commonly used by allies and axis. Commonly I have found them on old USAAF and RAF airbases.

Cheers

Steve T

Steve,

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure what it came off of. Now I can make my search a litttle broader.

Thanks again and HH

?

my opinion is that both are german.
    Regards

Matt

Hello mate, this is my camera bag that came from an italian POW made from a german gas mask/filter bag. Same buttons!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Buttons?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast