Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?

Article about: Hello Forum, Some time ago I picked this 1953 dated Soviet Naval Flag up, it was pretty cheap and although there are more minty ones on the market, I rarely see ones that are from the 50‘s

Default Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?

Hello Forum,

Some time ago I picked this 1953 dated Soviet Naval Flag up, it was pretty cheap and although there are more minty ones on the market, I rarely see ones that are from the 50‘s.

Now, lately someone translated the Russian Stamp on it, and he said it spelled Vozrozhdeniya - like the Famous Island used for secret Biochemical weapon tests.

So is it maybe a Flag from the Naval base on the Island? Did such Flags get Base stamps? I haven’t found much on manufactures/stamps or really anything regarding Soviet Naval Flags, so your help would be very appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?
    P
    Many

I understood this shown to be the flag for a ship 'underway' and naval facilities would have used the standard jack (a white star on a red field and in the center a white hammer an sickle) but I'm not a navy person.

i have the same flag, it is a small 1950s flag. more information is welcomeSoviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?Soviet Naval Flag - Vozrohdeniya Island?

Some naval base has factory making flags (signal flags, country flags, and naval flags).

Those flags are typically replaced several months, so they need large quantity.

Before the collapse of the soviet union, many of such flags were made (they were afraid of wwiii so a lot!)

After that, the naval flags are no longer used, so many of them were burned/destroyed (about 90%).

Later they found that those flags can be exchanged for $$$, so you got them on the market.

They are actually pretty good quality. Painted with cold batik - a technique you can't find elsewhere in the world.

Today they produce the flags in different techniques, those flags are no longer produced.

Does it have the same stamp? It looks smaller then mine, but def. a very interesting one too!