Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

all I do is ask for help!

Article about: And yes I am back again.... Bought a few more POW tags in uncleaned condition. When I was cleaning this tag, It turned out not to be a POW tag as I know them. I am not much good with German

Default all I do is ask for help!

And yes I am back again.... Bought a few more POW tags in uncleaned condition. When I was cleaning this tag, It turned out not to be a POW tag as I know them. I am not much good with German units so wish to open this one up for all you guys with eagle eyes. I cleaned it under the microscope and have no doubt that it is 100% authentic, but what is it? I make it as...

Armen .BTL .II / 9 or ?rmei .BTL II / 9 or ?rmer .BTL II / 9 ?rmen . BTL II / 9

Well guys its over to you,

that is the best I can do...... thanks...paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement all I do is ask for help!
    P
    Many

?

My first guess would be that this is an emarke for a soldier in one of the Armenisches Infanterie-Bataillone. Some eight Infanterie-Bataillone existed during the war but there is no unit number stamped as far as I can see. I see no reason to doubt the emarke, but I can't tell you the exact Armenisches Bataillon this emarke belonged to.

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Regards, Rik

Rik
    what sort of unit is that? Where would the number be in the text for the unit? might not have asked that right. maybe could you write the full description as you would expect to find it please. Thanks....regards...paul.

This one is actually for one of the independent Bataillons, II/9 which formed in September 1942 in the Ukraine. It was a second Bataillon of I/198 which was also formed rapt the same time. II/9 then got transferred to the Western Front to defend the south of France, located in the small town of Hyères, in the direction of Saint-Tropez by the coast.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    This one is actually for one of the independent Bataillons, II/9 which formed in September 1942 in the Ukraine. It was a second Bataillon of I/198 which was also formed rapt the same time. II/9 then got transferred to the Western Front to defend the south of France, located in the small town of Hyères, in the direction of Saint-Tropez by the coast.
    Thank you for the exact unit and clearing it all up

Nice find, not one you see often. Was it found in Crimea or France?

I believe it came from around the grounds of stalag 1A Kaliningrad (now Russia)
    Was this a German unit or made up of non-German's.
    Yet again its two units using POW tags. Is this more common than I think?

Thanks to everyone it is good to have others cast an eye over the tags.....paul

Made up of Armenian Nazi sympathisers and former Armenians captured in the Red Army. I'm guessing the use of PW erkennungsmarke would imply a former prisoner.

yet again I am impressed..... now I think that is really cool, even better than the SS tags! ....... thanks....paul.

They are as interesting as Waffen SS erkennungsmarken but sadly even these are faked. But I'm sure yours is an original piece.