Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Armen leg

Article about: Hi guys, another ekm found by me. ARMEN LEG The "Armenian Legion" was formed in December 1941. It was used to form the 162 (Turkestan) Infantry-Division in 1943. The Armenian Legio

Fra
    ?

Default Armen leg

Hi guys,
    another ekm found by me. ARMEN LEG
    The "Armenian Legion" was formed in December 1941.
    It was used to form the 162 (Turkestan) Infantry-Division in 1943.
    The Armenian Legion is the name given to the 812th Armenian battalion, which is a foreign unit made up of several thousand volunteer men. She was incorporated into the Wehrmacht during the ww2, largely prisoners of war from the Red Army, under the direction of volunteers Drastamat Kanayan.
    Armenian and Georgian battalions were sent to the Netherlands because of Hitler's distrust of them, many of whom deserted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armen leg  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armen leg
    P
    Many

?

Nice dog tag!

Fra ..... When you say that " another ekm found by me". Do you mean that you found it by digging or in a market or from a seller? The reason I ask is that I bought a tag of the American Legion, and also from the same person a tag from 1. Turkestanisches Bau-bataillon 402. I believe he found them in the same area? So getting down to the crux of the question can you say where they were found please.... Dont worry I am a long way from any site as I am in Ireland!

Fra is a digger who found his in Italy on a PW camp area I believe.

interesting, mine were found around a P.O.W. camp in Russia!

?

now that is a rare bird, by any stretch of the imagination!

Toot.... yes it is, I only have my tags because they are on P.O.W. shape and size tags, I buy my tags uncleaned and clean myself under a microscope. Both of them are listed on this site, "turkish id tag using POW disc" and "All I do is ask for help." Strange as it might be, I have no reason to disbelieve the person who I get my tags from or what Far says....... Paul

?

Paul, thanks for the reply. I concur/agree with you. what you collect is an unknown subject, at least to me. I have never heard of them before. it is a history lesion that should be addressed, thanks for posting. now if we could only find out how to find out who these men were? keep posting any more that you get. toot.

Fra
    ?

Hello guys,
    hello Paul ..... I found some ekm with the metal detector in a ex area pow in southern Italy. The pow was named "The Hunger Camp"..... "Il campo della fame"

Fra.... Many thanks for getting back to me. I would like to get more info on this camp. Did it start life as a German or Italian run camp. When it was liberated was it then used by the Americans and the British to house German PoW's? Sorry for all the questions.....regards.. Paul.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast