MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

at auction today

Article about: Time to expand my interest, bought at auction today, Now you tell me it not real. I can not find the unit number in the books I have....Paul

Default at auction today

Time to expand my interest, bought at auction today, Now you tell me it not real. I can not find the unit number in the books I have....Paulat auction today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement at auction today
    P
    Many

?

It is real, WEHRKREIS VI – HQ: Münster Looks good!

As I wish to learn how to fully decipher tags please can you tell me how you came about your answer. I see VI = Wehrkreis 6 but how do you get to HQ Munster? Hope you dont mind the questions....paul.

?

The district VI was assigned the areas of the provinces of Westphalia, Hanover and the Rhine province with the headquarters in Münster / Westphalia.

Regards, Rik

Rik.... I understand that, but how do you come to the five figure number being HQ. I was looking in Jean Hoidal book and for example there are lists of 6 and 5 digit numbers ie- 53380 = 2 KP./Fallsch-Jager-Rgt. 7 Going down the list of numbers I could not find one as low as mine. So I dont know where to look to find the answer. Just need pointing in the right direction. As ever thankful for any help.

?

The number 16344 is the roll number and it has nothing to do with codierte EKM. In this tag it is about the VI. Tags with a roman number stamped like yours are Wehrkreis emarken.

Ok.... got it. so numbers which are roman numerals are all HQ department's if there are no other stamping's on the tag. I thank you Rik ...paul.

Can't really add anything more Eicke41 & Riks ID. The Third Reich was divided into various military districts (Wehrkreis) and Wehrkreis VI was centred in Münster. As already said the number isn't a Luftwaffe Mobilierungs number but an individual roll number given to replacements who then got moved to replacement, training or front line units. Nice one in good condition.