Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID

Article about: Good day all, This is a recently excavated Erkennungsmarke from the Georgian Legion of the Wehrmacht. It is from the 822nd Infantry Battalion ‘Königin Tamara’. I have searched the web a

?

Default Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID

Good day all,

This is a recently excavated Erkennungsmarke from the Georgian Legion of the Wehrmacht. It is from the 822nd Infantry Battalion ‘Königin Tamara’.

I have searched the web about possibilities of identifying the wearer, but I couldn’t find any real conclusional information.

Does anyone know more on how to proceed with this ? Is any documentation available, lists (government or private), books, etcetera ?

Are there any paths to possible sources ?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID   Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID
    P
    Many

Personal details are not available to the general public and if they exist are held in the Bundesarchiv.

?

Thank you for answering my question !

I was afraid this was the conclusion after all. I tried with local people and collectors. Lots of names of the battalion are known, there was a lot of interaction between the population and the units stationed here, especially after the Georgian uprising. Even some numbers are connected to names.

I’ll just keep trying the unofficial paths.

Thanks.

I would be very interested in seeing any research of members of the Legion who took part in the rebellion and their identification details.

?

I will continue the search and share all I can find about this.

?

For our non Dutch members, here is a photo of the memorial on the 'Hoge Berg' Texel for the 476 Georgian soldiers that died during the uprising in April 1945.

Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID

Regards, Rik

?

Thanks guys.

Spent some hours on finding the names/numbers combination I thought I saw in books, documents, or even local musea, but can’t find any now unfortunately. I will continue the search.

Kind regards, Joost

?

Also for non Dutch members interested in the uprising is this book ‘Night of the Bayonets’. I didn’t even know it existed until an hour ago.

I also finally managed to get a copy of ‘De Georgische muiterij op Texel’ which is hard to find at this moment.
    The latter I read in three day and I must confess, it is the best book on the uprising I read until sofar, very well informed and also very objective. Which some of the books are clearly not.

?

Night of the Bayonets
    Attached Images Attached Images Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID 

?

And this one, which I think is not available in English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke Georgische Legion number ID