Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarken group

Article about: Hello all....I didn't have any of these in my collection to date so I took a chance on a 3 piece lot that was fairly cheap...no spectacular units but it is good to have them "in hand&qu

Default Erkennungsmarken group

Hello all....I didn't have any of these in my collection to date so I took a chance on a 3 piece lot that was fairly cheap...no spectacular units but it is good to have them "in hand" in case I come across any during my off-line shopping....

so, just wondering if there are any issues with these and I have a few questions....

the three...
    *Pioneer Ersatz Battalion 80 Kompanie 3 - the front line unit was with the 44th ID and was destroyed at Stalingrad in 1943 and reformed in Belgium
    *Nachrichten-Zug Artillery Regiment 110
    (both of the above units were formed from Austrian units)
    *Heeres-Unterkunft Verwaltung Ost

Erkennungsmarken group

close up
    Erkennungsmarken group

questions around Pioneer Btl 80
    *their homebase was outside of Vienna --- did the ersatz dog tags always stay there or did they take them along when the were transferred ?

*any way to associate the number other than via a wehrpass or soldbuch ?

* what did the HUV do ?....I assume some sort of billeting or something ?

Thanks for your help !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken group
    P
    Many

?

All tags are real.

1. German soldiers when transferred, kept the tags they got in training.
    2. not that I know of, although it’s possible (very rarely) there is a name scratched on the tag so it becomes possible to id the guy.
    3. i have no idea, desktop job nothing fancy… although the tag is neat looks like the blood group could have been stamped with a bullet casing???

- Ben

HUV stands for Heeresunterkunftsverwaltung, or military housing administration. I don't know anything about it but guess it's something to do with billeting units in occupied areas.